Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I am curious as WHY people join Catholic Match who are honest enough to say they NEVER or RARELY go to Mass, don't believe in most or any the 7 questions, or seem interested in our faith, when there are many more other sites perhaps more suited.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-930985 said: I am curious as WHY people join Catholic Match who are honest enough to say they NEVER or RARELY go to Mass, don't believe in most or any the 7 questions, or seem interested in our faith, when there are many more other sites perhaps more suited.
Look at it as an opportunity to evangelize and possibly be the tool by which the Holy Spirit brings someone back to the faith.

Oct 19th 2013 new
Susan,

Interesting question to say the least. I would suggest it's because most Catholics do cherish and value our faith and yearn to do better, but fall short like we all sometimes do.
I've noticed over the years some Singles that don't attend Church as often as they should, but when coupled with someone that does they start attending more frequently. In the same way, maybe being on CM and meeting someone will draw that person closer to the Church and being a better Disciple of Christ. scratchchin Praying
Oct 19th 2013 new
Not everyone here is Catholic.
Not everyone here is an ardent Catholic.
Give them points for honesty. After all, WYSIWYG is better than the alternative.
OTOH, a certain share of profiles on any website are phony -- people who created a profile to check out the site, but have no intention to commit to really using it. By being a little offbeat, they avoid getting contact from serious members.
Oct 21st 2013 new
Non-practicing Catholics are Catholics...they are one of us! and looking at the whole picture. I may be what is considered a full practicing Catholic but I wouldn't know if the non-practicing Catholic is less or better a Catholic than me.
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Susan-930985 said: I am curious as WHY people join Catholic Match who are honest enough to say they NEVER or RARELY go to Mass, don't believe in most or any the 7 questions, or seem interested in our faith, when there are many more other sites perhaps more suited.
Why? Because God loves them and desires their salvation,a return to the fulness of Grace through the Church,and to find a Catholic spouse. biggrin theheart Praying
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Why? Because God loves them and desires their salvation,a return to the fulness of Grace through the Church,and to find a Catholic spouse.
That goes for all Catholics in General.When we sin Mortally we become dead members.God is always calling us back home to the life of sanctifying Grace.We are blessed to have a site like Catholic Match where we can find freinships and potentially,a Catholic spouse.
Oct 21st 2013 new
Susan,

I can't speak for being a member of Catholicmatch, but I can say that I had left the church for a period of about 10 years. One day I just showed up to student mass at a church on campus. Being around other students who were very devout encouraged me to begin attending church weekly again. I have only been on Catholicmatch for a few weeks, but all of the people I have spoken to only encourage me to become more involved in Church and in my community. It can be discouraging to see "non-practicing" Catholics on this site. However, my hope is that as they talk to more people, they can see that it is possible to grow in their Faith again. We need to help each other to follow God's word.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
Nicely said Bernard.. and a site where we can also grow and learn more about our Faith. Praying
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: That goes for all Catholics in General.
It goes for all people. wink
Posts 1 - 10 of 10