Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

"Love, love, love, love..."

Oct 19th 2013 new
Does anyone remember Leo Buscaglia- man who gave talks on love and was aired on PBS in the late 70's, early 80's? He was known as Dr. Love at the University of Southern California where he was a professor.
Here he is giving a passionate discourse on love:

(Italians do it best.)

www.youtube.com

Oct 19th 2013 new
I don't remember Buscaglia,,but i have watched some of Dr. Wayne Dyer on PBS.
I love watching stuff that is inspirational and motivational. There is so much you can take away from it, and ultimately so much of our Happiness depends on how we let our thoughts affect us and how we react to things.

Great post Sara. biggrin Praying
Oct 20th 2013 new
Yes Sara! This is weird I was just thinking about him and his books and talks the other day! He came to Chicago in 1983 and I went to his talk AND got to hug him after as he always did after his talks, he was so sweet and kind and bigger than life for love! I particularly loved it when he would come out on stage and take off his suit coat and say o k that's the polite thing to do now is to wear the coat and then get comfortable. I was also thinking of him today as I was raking leaves because I love the leaves on my lawn although I do rake them. He used to say bring him the leaves and put them on his lawn! I loved that man! Thanks for the great thread and memories!
wink heart wave
Oct 20th 2013 new
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."

"Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."

"Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever."

"The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position."

I didn't watch the video at this time, so I hope I'm not being the Department of Redundancy Dept.

I still have his book "Love".

Oct 20th 2013 new
Thanks all for commenting!
Leo has a very special place in my heart. He truly had the heart of a lion in speaking about love in such a tender and vulnerable way. I mean, revealing his own heart to crowds, time and time again. No fear. In my mind he kind of re-defined what it is to be masculine.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Sara, when my husband and I married we received Leo's Love Cookbook. It had wonderful recipes and discourses on loving. I used it frequently when he was alive and haven't opened it since. Thanks for the smile.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6