Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 19th 2013 new
I think we throw in towel when you figure its a lot of differences and its like moving mountains before things settle. If it changes one completely like 360 degrees that's a reason to move on .Miracles do happen bec of love . But I think in a relationship its important to see both grows accordingly for a healthier relationship. Sharing common grounds of interest and values is a plus .
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) David-174079 said: Hi Leon,

"You should never have to fight for a relationship to work."

Well said! There are exceptions to most any rule. However, a relationship based on friendship (common interests, sense of humor, you are into each other, etc.) just purrs like a smooth running car. Why settle?
David,

Thank you for the kind words. Greatly appreciated.

That is just my perspective. I do realize "one size does not fit all".

Have a great weekend.

Blessings always, Praying Praying Praying

Leon
Oct 19th 2013 new
Right on, Leon. I finally learned this late in life, but I think I understand now that trying to please a man or wait for him to decide if there is someone better out there is a total waste of my time. If God intends for me to have mate, a holy man will enter my life who is happy to be in relationship with me and his attention will never cause a doubt about his intentions. Just my two cents!
Oct 19th 2013 new
Those two cents make a lot of common sense Jan.

Thanks! Have a GREAT weekend. biggrin
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Mel-398726 said: I don't think we should ever give up hope,
.. But then I started thinking...maybe God is sending me all those craptastic dates to make it all the more obvious when the right guy does come along.
I certainly hope that that last point is the truth for you. thumbsup rose

But there is a time when hope (or maybe I should say, dreams?) needs to be set aside in favor of reality, and the reality is that for many of us, there is no partner.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Personally I don't "wait". Life is too short to "wait" for the other gender to pursue and it just isn't in me to pursue. I would go on with your life, doing the things you enjoy either alone or with female friends. I have to admit there are lonely times, especially when I was traveling to my kids sporting events and staying in a hotel all alone, but I did that even when I was married. My favorite thing today is traveling with my adult children; they have so much energy and are a blast to be with.

If there is someone in particular you are interested in, drop your hanky; if he doesn't pick it up, keep walking and don't look back. Men do tend to play women like chess pieces but I don't play games.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I certainly hope that that last point is the truth for you.

But there is a time when hope (or maybe I should say, dreams?) needs to be set aside in favor of reality, and the reality is that for many of us, there is no partner.
Maybe if you are a nun or a priest.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Personally I don't "wait". Life is too short to "wait" for the other gender to pursue and it just isn't in me to pursue. I would go on with your life, doing the things you enjoy either alone or with female friends. I have to admit there are lonely times, especially when I was traveling to my kids sporting events and staying in a hotel all alone, but I did that even when I was married. My favorite thing today is traveling with my adult children; they have so much energy and are a blast to be with.

If there is someone in particular you are interested in, drop your hanky; if he doesn't pick it up, keep walking and don't look back. Men do tend to play women like chess pieces but I don't play games.
The game of chess is boring to me. Too much thought not enough action.

Oct 19th 2013 new
Or ugly.

weeping

Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Or ugly.

I just want you to know that I think you are one of the most charming and witty women I've come across on this website!! You consistently post the most engaging, pithy comments. You are a beautiful child of God with a beautiful smile! Don't give up hope that some man will recognize that!!

By the way, I love photos 11 & 15 in your collection!
Posts 11 - 20 of 44