Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Personally I don't "wait". Life is too short to "wait" for the other gender to pursue and it just isn't in me to pursue. I would go on with your life, doing the things you enjoy either alone or with female friends. I have to admit there are lonely times, especially when I was traveling to my kids sporting events and staying in a hotel all alone, but I did that even when I was married. My favorite thing today is traveling with my adult children; they have so much energy and are a blast to be with.

If there is someone in particular you are interested in, drop your hanky; if he doesn't pick it up, keep walking and don't look back. Men do tend to play women like chess pieces but I don't play games.
Joan,

I don't know if it is about playing game or trying to please a man. If I were in love I would always want to please my partner.

I think it's more about how you play the game. Trying to learn men better learn how to communicate better. And the guys that don't see how hard we try.....well, God bless them. theheart
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I certainly hope that that last point is the truth for you.

But there is a time when hope (or maybe I should say, dreams?) needs to be set aside in favor of reality, and the reality is that for many of us, there is no partner.
That's true, some of us are called to a single life. But we can't possibly know if that's our reality until we die, since God could bring someone into our lives at any minute.

I think the trick is truly living in the present, and being happy with what we have, when we have it. I don't know how to do that yet, though!

Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Mel-398726 said: That's true, some of us are called to a single life. But we can't possibly know if that's our reality until we die, since God could bring someone into our lives at any minute.

It's been said many times that some people are called to the single life. It is their vocation. However, a vocation is supposed to bring you joy and fulfillment. Look at the happily married couples you know and the religious who find great joy in living their lives and would never want to do anything else. For many singles, that is not the case. We do not want to be single, do not feel it is a calling but do not seem to have a suitable opportunity to do anything different. We know in our hearts that marrying for the sake of marrying is jumping from the frying pan into the fire. It has to be the right person by God's definition as well as ours. It is incredibly frustrating. I have no answer - if indeed there is one.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: It's been said many times that some people are called to the single life. It is their vocation. However, a vocation is supposed to bring you joy and fulfillment. Look at the happily married couples you know and the religious who find great joy in living their lives and would never want to do anything else. For many singles, that is not the case. We do not want to be single, do not feel it is a calling but do not seem to have a suitable opportunity to do anything different. We know in our hearts that marrying for the sake of marrying is jumping from the frying pan into the fire. It has to be the right person by God's definition as well as ours. It is incredibly frustrating. I have no answer - if indeed there is one.
yes.......I too do my best to be happy with God's love and my family and friends but their is a longing to NOT be single
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: It's been said many times that some people are called to the single life. It is their vocation. However, a vocation is supposed to bring you joy and fulfillment. Look at the happily married couples you know and the religious who find great joy in living their lives and would never want to do anything else. For many singles, that is not the case. We do not want to be single, do not feel it is a calling but do not seem to have a suitable opportunity to do anything different. We know in our hearts that marrying for the sake of marrying is jumping from the frying pan into the fire. It has to be the right person by God's definition as well as ours. It is incredibly frustrating. I have no answer - if indeed there is one.
Exactly. That's why waiting for an annulment is so difficult, if I'm not allowed to even hope for a good, true, blessed relationship.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Tonite really made me think about throwing in the towel ... I just came back from about the billionth wedding/reception that I have gone to alone ... Tonite I would say I was just about the only person there over the age of 30 who was alone .. It is tough to see everyone with their spouse or girlfriend or whoever, and yet you are alone... Makes you wonder where you fit anymore, as it is so different that being single at a young age ... At least then you can tell yourself there is still time, but when time has indeed passed and nothing has changed, well it is hard to stomach ... Weird to see young people you knew as little kids now grown up and getting married .. It's like they have "passed you" on the road of life and you are just stuck in a ditch ... I don't know, but the weddings just seem to emphasize all that's missing in my life .... So, maybe it is better to toss that towel and face reality rather than continue to think things are still possible ,,,
Oct 20th 2013 new
I think Elvis sums this up nicely... "A Little Less Conversation"
www.youtube.com
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-443439 said: I think Elvis sums this up nicely... "A Little Less Conversation"

What is the "this" he is summing up nicely?

Any resemblance to chaste dating practices or principles of moral theology are figments of the listener's imagination...

Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: When should we throw in the towel in our attempt to try to meet a certain someone we are attracted to? Is there ever a time to give up hope?
You should accept reality when that "certain someone" tells you they are not interested. What you may cling to as "hope" beyond that point would be more like folly.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said: Hi Michelle,

Are you referring to hoping and waiting for a particular individual that one has in mind, or are you referring to the search in more general terms, as in trying to determine when to take a break from seeking?
Excellent and most insightful question, Angela! I read her inquiry as she has a particular man in mind, not the latter. But she can correct me if I am not interpreting her comment correctly.
Posts 21 - 30 of 44