Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

This builds on the other thread, about asking a person's sexual history.

Supposing your new CM friend asked you. How would you react?

(Not looking for confessions here! wide eyed Just wanting to know whether you would be angry, insulted, shocked, annoyed, curious, or whatever.)
Oct 19 new
This actually just happened to me on another online dating site - and I believe he was *ahem* hoping for another answer the one I gave him. angel I was a bit taken aback, but at the same time it let me know his priorities and discover in short order that we were definitely not a match in regard to moral values. I am not easily offended as I am pretty straightforward myself.
Oct 19 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: This builds on the other thread, about asking a person's sexual history.

(Not looking for confessions here! Just wanting to know whether you would be angry, insulted, shocked, annoyed, curious, or whatever.)
I think it depends on when he asked and the tone he uses. If he asked before we had a chance to get to know each other, I'd be surprised, and it would raise some red flags for me -- of all the topics in the world to talk about, sex is at the top of the list? Really?
Oct 19 new
If a woman asked me such questions, and I thought there was a real possibility of a future with her, I would be completely open and honest. I have nothing to hide. Unfortunately, we no longer live in a culture that values chastity and virginity, so these are critically important questions that must be asked at some point. But perhaps, in a serious relationship, these are not questions to be asked, but rather facts to be revealed out of love for the other.
Oct 19 new
I would feel annoyed at first if he is a new friend or even my good friend:-(. I know it's really an important issue and a must to know, but I only feel the need to answer or to ask if we're in a dating relationship or we are getting to know each other (to lead to a dating relationship). Just thinking if somebody just says Hi to me several times then askes me such a question, urg.. I feel it's really uncomfortable. He can bring up the topic to discuss and to test my view or my Faith, but don't ask me those questions. But I'm not sure if this case can happen in reality?
Oct 19 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: This builds on the other thread, about asking a person's sexual history.

(Not looking for confessions here! Just wanting to know whether you would be angry, insulted, shocked, annoyed, curious, or whatever.)
If we weren't actually dating and he asked right away, I'd find that to be very rude behavior.
Oct 19 new
I would not lie....I would tell them the truth.
Oct 19 new
Marge--

Coming with a medical background--I fully agree on disease prevention and stopping the spread of STDs. I see TOO many of my patients that not only have unprotected sex but also now have an STD--and there are STDs that can not be cured!!! Also, these are not just the young and foolish. STDs, HIV are BIG among my generation and the geriatric set.

The middle aged and senior citizens think---I can't get pregnant, he/she's a nice person, my neighbor I've known for years, fellow churchgoer, active in the community, recently widowed, etc, etc. Not so. STDs are equal opportunistic infections.

You can bet that I will definitely have a hard copy of his STDs lab work in my hands before I become intimate. And he will have my copy. It's not a matter of "Do I love him enough" or "trust him enough". It's a matter of health. And I will go into a marriage with my eyes open. I'm not an expert on what conditions constitute a valid marriage, but, I would think that withholding such information would be an issue.
Oct 19 new
(quote) Chris-589554 said: Marge--

Coming with a medical background--I fully agree on disease prevention and stopping the spread of STDs. I see TOO many of my patients that not only have unprotected sex but also now have an STD--and there are STDs that can not be cured!!! Also, these are not just the young and foolish. STDs, HIV are BIG among my generation and the geriatric set.

The middle aged and senior citizens think---I can't get pregnant, he/she's a nice person, my neighbor I've known for years, fellow churchgoer, active in the community, recently widowed, etc, etc. Not so. STDs are equal opportunistic infections.

You can bet that I will definitely have a hard copy of his STDs lab work in my hands before I become intimate. And he will have my copy. It's not a matter of "Do I love him enough" or "trust him enough". It's a matter of health. And I will go into a marriage with my eyes open. I'm not an expert on what conditions constitute a valid marriage, but, I would think that withholding such information would be an issue.
Right on Chris. I think I will post a photo of my most recent lab work on here too.

It's all good.
Oct 19 new
(quote) Anthony-851099 said: If a woman asked me such questions, and I thought there was a real possibility of a future with her, I would be completely open and honest. I have nothing to hide. Unfortunately, we no longer live in a culture that values chastity and virginity, so these are critically important questions that must be asked at some point. But perhaps, in a serious relationship, these are not questions to be asked, but rather facts to be revealed out of love for the other.
And sadly enough honesty is a virtue that is not valued either.
Posts 1 - 10 of 20