Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Sister Antonia Brenner, also known as Mother Antonia or Madre Antonia (which is how I knew her when, as a volunteer working with my Church in Tijuana, I fixed computers at her convent 10 years ago) passed from this life last Thursday. She devoted her life to not only caring for inmates at Tijuana's notorious El Ocho prison, but also for caring for the families of the inmates and establishing a hospice for Tijuana's terminally ill. She called everyone whom she met as "my sons" or "my daughters", and I was fortunate to have been included in that categorization. I was astounded that she remembered my name the 2nd time I met her, and how she recalled details of what we had discussed on our first meeting. I once had the privelege of presenting Madre Antonia with a blessed Celtic Cross, which she was delighted to receive given her ancesteral Irish roots.

www.latimes.com

Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) John-146319 said: Sister Antonia Brenner, also known as Mother Antonia or Madre Antonia (which is how I knew her when, as a volunteer working with my Church in Tijuana, I fixed computers at her convent 10 years ago) passed from this life last Thursday. She devoted her life to not only caring for inmates at Tijuana's notorious El Ocho prison, but also for caring for the families of the inmates and establishing a hospice for Tijuana's terminally ill. She called everyone whom she met as "my sons" or "my daughters", and I was fortunate to have been included in that categorization. I was astounded that she remembered my name the 2nd time I met her, and how she recalled details of what we had discussed on our first meeting. I once had the privelege of presenting Madre Antonia with a blessed Celtic Cross, which she was delighted to receive given her ancesteral Irish roots.

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-me-sister-antonia-brenner-20131018,0,7399930.story

Great saints still walk among us! Thanks John
Oct 19th 2013 new
rose Praying hugI am sorry for the loss of your friend. How wonderful you were able to be in the presence of a real Saint! Now she is in the arms of Jesus! Praise God. rose Praying hug
Oct 21st 2013 new
By all accounts she was a wonderful woman. A saint. I pray they open a cause for her beatification. You're fortunate to have met her.

I just spent the past week in San Diego - attended daily Mass at the cathedral and at Our Lady of the Rosary in Little Italy. Also Sunday Mass in Little Italy. Loved that parish. Couldn't make it to St Anne or the olf mission church although I wanted to see both.
Posts 1 - 4 of 4