Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

The new Mass Vs the old

Oct 19th 2013 new
As someone who grew up in the post Vatican II years without any knowledge of the Tridentine Mass I feel that I discovered something special when the Traditional Latin Mass found me. There are several videos that compare the Novus Ordo Mass and the Traditional Latin Mass. In defence of those who support the New Mass, many of those videos choose versions of the New Mass that are very unorthodox. I have found a video that does not do that so it is a fair representation of what goes on in "Novus Ordo Land" and in "TLM Land". The video is below:

www.youtube.com

It gives me a lot of joy when someone discovers the TLM so I promote it when I can.

A question that was put my Father Michael Rodriguez (of Texas- an ex Novus Ordo priest) in a video I recently watched was:

"How does the Novus Ordo Mass give greater glory to God?" If anyone can honestly answer that in terms of the Mass itself or its fruits I would be interested in reading those views.

Oct 19th 2013 new
Since we are not allowed to say which is better according to CM rules,I will say the difference is striking!
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Since we are not allowed to say which is better according to CM rules,I will say the difference is striking!
Pope Paul Vl made a grevious error in changing the,rather introducing a New Mass.It has had deadly consequences!
Oct 19th 2013 new
Priest who helped translate the New Mass repents publicly.www.youtube.com
Oct 19th 2013 new
Thank you Gabor for starting this thread. I grew up in a Parish that did the Latin mass until I was 8 years old. Now I am so truly blessed to have found a Parish that does the TLM and NO only! There is no new mass. It is so beautiful I can't imagine life without it. God sent me to this parish. They do both everyday. And to go to modern masses to me is like fingers on a chaulkboard. Hopefully if God blesses me again with a spouse we can go together. Although I would switch off for him if he insisted, and then maybe he just may start to love TLM the same way I do. There is so much reverence, respect, love and holiness in these masses. Jesus is truly present and the love that fills the air, with no distractions is breath taking! If you haven't ever gone to one try it you will be transformed! faint Praying theheart
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Thank you Gabor for starting this thread. I grew up in a Parish that did the Latin mass until I was 8 years old. Now I am so truly blessed to have found a Parish that does the TLM and NO only! There is no new mass. It is so beautiful I can't imagine life without it. God sent me to this parish. They do both everyday. And to go to modern masses to me is like fingers on a chaulkboard. Hopefully if God blesses me again with a spouse we can go together. Although I would switch off for him if he insisted, and then maybe he just may start to love TLM the same way I do. There is so much reverence, respect, love and holiness in these masses. Jesus is truly present and the love that fills the air, with no distractions is breath taking! If you haven't ever gone to one try it you will be transformed!
Do not switch off for him.Wait until you find one who will only attend the Old Rite.That's what I am going to do. smile
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Do not switch off for him.Wait until you find one who will only attend the Old Rite.That's what I am going to do.
One of those Non negotiables. wink
Oct 19th 2013 new
Hi Bernard, well I would like to but perhaps that's God's match for me, we can both grow into helping each other to Heaven, with give and take. hug
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Hi Bernard, well I would like to but perhaps that's God's match for me, we can both grow into helping each other to Heaven, with give and take.
Your choice.For me,I would lose my mind if I had to attend the New Mass.I would rather be alone! wink
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said:   There is so much reverence, respect, love and holiness in these masses. Jesus is truly present and the love that fills the air, with no distractions is breath taking! If you haven't ever gone to one try it you will be transformed!
Hi Jane,

I agree with you totally. It is like earth meeting Heaven.

You may have to marry Bernard or me biggrin ?

Posts 1 - 10 of 70