Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 20th 2013 new
Fried chicken, fresh sausage cooking, cedar shavings, fresh biscuits.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Fresh coffee! When I was little everyone used a two-piece glass coffee maker that worked on a vacuum principal. Water boiled in the bottom and then was forced up into the top pot where the coffee grounds were. When it cooled a little the finished coffee dropped down into the lower pot for serving. Best coffee ever. They are still available on-line at about 5 times the price of a Mr. Coffee and they probably have to be watched carefully and taken off the heat at the right time to prevent a serious accident with scalding hot coffee. Other processes cannot match the aroma of the vacuum method, however.

Sun-dried laundry is a close second.
Karen, I have one of those 2-piece glass coffeemakers. It was left behind by the previous owner of my house, along with numerous other antiques. It's one of the things I'm donating to our parish's annual bazaar. My mom used a stainless steel version.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-997821 said: The smell of my mother's perfume "My Sin" by Lanvin. As a little girl I LOVED hugging my mom because I would always take a deep breath in when I did!
( I also loved the smell of my dad's cigars)
How about that--that was MY mom's favorite perfume as well! biggrin
Oct 21st 2013 new
hahahahaha; thanks for commenting, Lina! I am currently looking for it again - so that I can wear it - but it is sold out everywhere!
Oct 21st 2013 new
Frankincense
Oct 21st 2013 new
Warm cinnamon sugar... it's the major spice combination in every dessert we ever made as a family... from monkey bread to apple pie smile
Also the smell of Thanksgiving, turkey roasting and French meat stuffing.... now I'm getting hungry! laughing
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Laura-997821 said: hahahahaha; thanks for commenting, Lina! I am currently looking for it again - so that I can wear it - but it is sold out everywhere!
I quick online search reveals: www.ebay.com.

(I am not connected to any of the listings)
Oct 21st 2013 new
Do you know - I tried there first and it was BEAUCOUP!! EXPENSIVE. So I sent out a request at one of the on line stores and they are suppose to email me when they get them in.
Thank you for the reply biggrin
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Oh yes sheets dried outside. . .

Honeysuckle from the bush in our backyard, the smell of my grandmother -- soft lavender, Thanksgiving dinner cooking, Mr. Hartman's pipe tobacco, Jean Nate bath splash and Chantilly Lace perfume and Irish Spring soap (my dad) and Dove soap (my aunt) and Old Spice cologne, spring rain and freshly cut grass, Comet cleaner and Pine Sol. . .oh and the bar shaving soap or Barbasol shaving cream. . .

What a fun and sweet topic. . .Now I am feeling wistful
Freshly cut grass tops it for me! That smell always brings back tireless, endless summer days playing outside with friends. Great memories!

Also, I enjoy the smell of a campfire and all the memories it holds of camping with family and friends growing up.
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-997821 said: hahahahaha; thanks for commenting, Lina! I am currently looking for it again - so that I can wear it - but it is sold out everywhere!
eBay has it! I checked for you.
Posts 41 - 50 of 70