Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.
I don't know how many members here live in or are familiar with churches in San Diego, but I will be going there during the Christmas holidays and would be grateful to get feedback on churches to visit & attend mass. If there are any Catholic events around that time, where is the best source to identify them? Thank you in advance. Hopefully, someone can help biggrin
Oct 26 new
Can you narrow down the area / side of San Diego you will be closest to? It's a big town!

There is a lovely OLD church in Old Town (Church of the Immaculate Conception) with some neat history you might enjoy - and you can make an outing from it by touring Old Town afterwards. There is a lot of history, some neat shops, tourist attractions, etc. They've also got some great restaurants there with heaters for outdoor seating, so you can relax and visit with your friends/family. It is also a stop on the trolley line, so easy to get to without driving all around San Diego. Here's a link: www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com

You may want to start a thread in the Meet Ups Room here in the Fora - say you're coming to San Diego around the holidays and would love to meet people - perhaps for coffee, or mass and dinner, etc. Do a search and send a couple of messages to interesting folks. Basically - get the ball rolling and plan your own event - and get the word out.

I went back and forth between Indy and San Diego for about 4 years - met some great people that way - just by posting "I'm coming to San Diego - who wants to get together?!" I highly encourage ANYONE ANYWHERE to start a thread to put an outing together - it's a great way to meet several people at one time - start some new friendships. ALL events on CM are member-driven, meaning regular members like you and I step up and throw out a few suggestions, see who's interested, and we get the ball rolling. SOMEBODY has to do it - if we all waited for the 'other guy' to reach out - nobody would ever meet! I congratulate you on taking the initiative and posting this thread - you're the way to what could be a fun event!

Good luck!

Oct 27 new
Hi Mary, Thank you for your response. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge & experience with SD. I haven't solidified my lodging yet, but I will probably stay downtown, close to the Gaslamp District. I am not restricting the church options to where I am staying. I checked out the diocesan website and I heard Patrick Coffin on Catholic Answers mention Our Lady of the Rosary. I know there are many options. Of course, there is some degree of subjectivity to my desire, but I was hoping to identify a church that has a really good homilist. So, my search continues:)
Posts 1 - 3 of 3