Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

lonely

Oct 20th 2013 new
Oct 21st 2013 new
Praying theheart rosary Chyrs welcome to the forums and sorry to hear you feel lonely. Sending you some prayers so you feel better. Talk to Jesus this evening and your Guardian Angel, you are never alone with them at your side!
Oct 21st 2013 new
Prayer that you will know that God will provide all that you need. Please do get involved with your parish or another group. Take care and email if you need to chat or just to have someone to communicate with. Also check out the Ladies room as we are here to support you.
Oct 21st 2013 new
Stop and Don't feel sorry for yourself and go and do something in your community. Volunteer with your favorite charity. Do something for someone else and it helps meet new people. That's my advice. Hope it helps biggrin
Oct 21st 2013 new
Chrys, I hear you. The suggestions given here are good ones. I do them. Sometimes in this past 5 years...I had hopeful "highs" and they felt great; I had plain solid okay days and they felt secure; and then there are the lonely loss days, and they felt physically hurtful. While we can avoid much...sometimes I think it is OK to feel ALL...even lonely....as long as you are not making destructive choices...the feeling does not need to be run from...imho...If I try to join my loneliness to the loneliness of Christ in the Garden with no one awake to stay by him, or Paul in jail begging for companionship and just a cape for warmth.. Then i DO all the suggestions for shaking it off...but I no longer run from the lonely...i just pass it through what I know of the Good News. Hope this helps...I understand the hurt. Barbara
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Chrys, I hear you. The suggestions given here are good ones. I do them. Sometimes in this past 5 years...I had hopeful "highs" and they felt great; I had plain solid okay days and they felt secure; and then there are the lonely loss days, and they felt physically hurtful. While we can avoid much...sometimes I think it is OK to feel ALL...even lonely....as long as you are not making destructive choices...the feeling does not need to be run from...imho...If I try to join my loneliness to the loneliness of Christ in the Garden with no one awake to stay by him, or Paul in jail begging for companionship and just a cape for warmth.. Then i DO all the suggestions for shaking it off...but I no longer run from the lonely...i just pass it through what I know of the Good News. Hope this helps...I understand the hurt. Barbara
I like what you wrote, Barbara. I will try these suggestions.
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Chrys, I hear you. The suggestions given here are good ones. I do them. Sometimes in this past 5 years...I had hopeful "highs" and they felt great; I had plain solid okay days and they felt secure; and then there are the lonely loss days, and they felt physically hurtful. While we can avoid much...sometimes I think it is OK to feel ALL...even lonely....as long as you are not making destructive choices...the feeling does not need to be run from...imho...If I try to join my loneliness to the loneliness of Christ in the Garden with no one awake to stay by him, or Paul in jail begging for companionship and just a cape for warmth.. Then i DO all the suggestions for shaking it off...but I no longer run from the lonely...i just pass it through what I know of the Good News. Hope this helps...I understand the hurt. Barbara
I too really need to refocus..............although a volunteer a lot.......I must find reciprocal activities also

....................................as the recipients I care for are takers only
Oct 21st 2013 new
Praying hug
Oct 21st 2013 new
You will find good friends on here and a wonderful partner will find you and lighten and share your load! Many hugs Linda
Posts 1 - 9 of 9