Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: This builds on the other thread, about asking a person's sexual history.

Supposing your new CM friend asked you. How would you react?

(Not looking for confessions here! Just wanting to know whether you would be angry, insulted, shocked, annoyed, curious, or whatever.)
I would be happy that a man of interest is concerned about his health, and ultimately about mine as well.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said: I would not lie....I would tell them the truth.
As would I. " it's none of your business". I could see that this might be appropriate after engaged etc and in conjunction with working things out with the priest. Not pushing this under the rug, just placing the modesty of the situation where it bel
Oct 20th 2013 new
Where it belongs.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Where it belongs.
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: This builds on the other thread, about asking a person's sexual history.

(Not looking for confessions here! Just wanting to know whether you would be angry, insulted, shocked, annoyed, curious, or whatever.)
Marge,

For me, I would not be shocked, angry or annoyed. However, I would not discuss such matters until I was in a relationship just prior to the engagement. I feel it is an important question especially in today's times but only when the time is right.

Just my opinion.

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Leon-593843 said: Marge,

For me, I would not be shocked, angry or annoyed. However, I would not discuss such matters until I was in a relationship just prior to the engagement. I feel it is an important question especially in today's times but only when the time is right.

Just my opinion.

Blessings always,

Leon
this is certaining important but not to be held out EARLY in a friendship when imho it is inappropriate
and rude
Oct 21st 2013 new
I'm honestly uncertain of this one. I'm leaning toward it being appropriate to ask if it looks like the relationship might get serious (as in, it looks like things might progress from friendship into an exclusive relationship). I think it should be done online or over the phone instead of in person.
Oct 21st 2013 new
Since I have nothing to hide I would answer honestly and then ask him the same question.

If it is early in the relationship I will wonder if he is asking me that question to find out what I will or will not do before marriage.

I do feel the question and testing should occur before marriage/intimacy happens. I don't remember who said this...When you sleep with someone you are not only sleeping with them but everyone they slept with and so on.
Oct 22nd 2013 new

Well, I did theater for years, so it's not easy to shock me with inappropriate questions. If I felt it was too early to discuss it, I'd say, "I think it's too early to discuss this." Otherwise I would answer the question most likely. I would have to think that we were heading somewhere serious to want to have that kind of discussion though. Otherwise I don't see the point of talking about it.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
Not fair piggy backing on a previous question haha :)
Posts 11 - 20 of 20