Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What are your thoughts on this question?
Oct 21st 2013 new
Looking forward to the answer.
I think the biggest problem there would be to find out if the other person wants more than a friendship.
Probing questions which could give you a sense of how the other person feels.may help.
Oct 21st 2013 new
very Carefully.. laughing laughing laughing faint
Oct 21st 2013 new
Oh that can be a doozy. A few years ago I tried to feel that issue out with a long time friend. I was interested in more with him and once he got the idea that might be the case he bolted. We are no longer friends which is sad as I miss him from time to time.
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: very Carefully..
Okay.. all kidding aside.. if there's anything ...(well besides a lot of other things)..there's one thing i've learned is that you really have to know "why you're pursuing a relationship". Is it because you lonely and you feel that a relationship will fill that void, or is it because you're at a place in your life where you've achieved some of what you've wanted to accomplish and that you're ready for Marriage and possibly a family?

While there's seldom a perfect time in life that everything falls into place.. if you're pursing a relationship with the intent of Marriage.. then in my Opinion there needs to be a whole lot of things in that dating process that makes one think "hey..we're both of very similar mindset, goals and aspirations, and values, and this is the person i can really see myself growing old with".. Like i said..that's just my .02. biggrin Praying
Oct 21st 2013 new
Don't do it.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
If you both feel the same way, it's easy. [which is not to imply there will be no kinks down the road, but the beginning will likely be joyful smooth sailing] It's finding that out that's the difficult part wink
Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Anna Maria-1012206 said: What are your thoughts on this question?
This may sound like an oxymoron but I think you move from friendship to a love relationship in a very deliberative way, but also in a natural way. Make sure the friendship is solid first. When I say deliberative, I mean you observe and pursue purposeful conversation aimed at determining if you are truly compatible. You move beyond the superficial and find out if your family orientation, core values, interests, and life goals are similar. Your contact should be natural--not forced as if you are focused on making an impression or your actions seem like you are running out of time or desperate. Watch for clues. If there is mutual interest, it won't be difficult to see it. Watch for stop sign. All friendships aren't intended to progress to love interests. Learn to discern that point. :)
Oct 23rd 2013 new
Thanks for your response! Really appreciate it. It was very helpful.
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Jennifer-491853 said: Oh that can be a doozy. A few years ago I tried to feel that issue out with a long time friend. I was interested in more with him and once he got the idea that might be the case he bolted. We are no longer friends which is sad as I miss him from time to time.
Wow, Jennifer. Really? That is sad. Makes one wonder "what" was there to begin with.
Posts 1 - 10 of 13