Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I enjoy reading the success stories on CM. I was wondering what is way most people meet each other on CM and end up finding a sucessful match. Do they meet by sending an emote when searching and looking at profiles? Do they meet in the forums? Do they meet in the chat rooms? Do they meet at get togethers? Or is it all of the above? Maybe most people meet by noticing someones profile and sending a message? Looking at their matches and sending a message to someone that catches their interest. I am just curious. What do you think?
Oct 22nd 2013 new
my experience when I am interested to someone in online dating anothe site, I will send message to him and if he is interested and reply message then we chat because I live long distance so I asking to chat with skype so we know each other and off course we call each other in the weekend.
After several months know each other it better meet each other face to face. my best friend met her husband from catholic singles after have long distance relationship for a year he propose her to married with him.

I am new too in CM since June and all men I am interested I send message many say they don"t have time to chat long distance and many view my profile not reply.

Good luck then I wish you will find your soulmate in CM soon.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: I enjoy reading the success stories on CM. I was wondering what is way most people meet each other on CM and end up finding a sucessful match. Do they meet by sending an emote when searching and looking at profiles? Do they meet in the forums? Do they meet in the chat rooms? Do they meet at get togethers? Or is it all of the above? Maybe most people meet by noticing someones profile and sending a message? Looking at their matches and sending a message to someone that catches their interest. I am just curious. What do you think?
Most of the people I have "met" on CM are because of the forums, but I wouldn't say I have been "successful" as of yet. Some of the emotes I started and some I didn't. I have made a few friends here.

Nice thread, Kathy.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
biggrin I met my match from his profile - I sent him a message in Sept 2012 he rejoined in July 2013 and contacted me. We have been talking and dating ever since - we live 5 1/2 hours apart .
Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Nancy-632072 said: I met my match from his profile - I sent him a message in Sept 2012 he rejoined in July 2013 and contacted me. We have been talking and dating ever since - we live 5 1/2 hours apart .
cool................enjoy
Oct 22nd 2013 new
Depends on what you mean by "meet".

I've made a lot of friends through the forums. We started emailing, then met in person at CM gatherings (big ones) or just got a handful of us together for lunch. Some have become FB or telephone friends, some are road trip/vacation pals, some are still email and forum.

One size does not fit all.
Oct 23rd 2013 new

Hi Kathy,

Without knowing the habits of others, no one is likely to be certain about the correct answer to your inquiry, but I'd expect that the vast majority of moments of first awareness arrive from a profile, a match notification, a view or an entry in the fora with only a few instances of initial notice coming from a CM event. If I have interest, I'll start by trying to find out if she'd like to engage in any kind of communication. While I'll indicate a readiness to talk on the phone or meet directly early on, I'll also let her know that I'm happy to proceed according to her pace and preferences.

Pacing and facing back and forth, shhh

John

Oct 24th 2013 new
There are as many answers to your question as there are on the site.. But I will tell you about my meeting Larry..

I have been a skeptic of the Mutual Matching system.. Only members able to marry in the church are eligible to participate, so that meant that I was restricted to Annulled, Never Married and Widowed members.. I have learned over my years here that a divorced/annulled woman is very unlikely to get much attention from Never Married men so that cut my 'potentials'by quite a lot. So while I would check out the profiles of the Annulled and Widowed men. The week prior to Easter Larry popped up in my Mutual Matches. So I viewed his profile, but did not attempt contact. He was widowed. The Monday after Easter he viewed me back. I happened to be visiting friends in his town, but I was leaving that day. So I sent a smart-alecky emote about him waiting til the last day I was in Louisville to look at my profile. He was online and wrote me back right away saying he thought I would say he was too far away. It was about 90 miles difference.

By Wednesday he was asking to meet me. He was willing to make the drive to where I was at. The following Sunday he did..We never talked on the phone beforehand, which is totally unlike me. We spent about 3 hours together and he asked for a second date which took place the following Wednesday. We spent 12 hours together and he told me then that he wanted to see me every time I was off going forward. Which is what we did..

He did not come on CM to do chats or play in the Forums..He came here to find a wife.. He was intent on his purpose and he accomplished his mission.. He didn't want to mess around with women who didn't share his goal. I was ready and he was ready. As it turned out we are perfectly matched. We enjoy each others company very very much and have a wonderful life together.
Oct 25th 2013 new
Thanks for sharing Donna. Your story is nice to read. I wish you happiness.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9