Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Are We Redeemed or Saved?

Oct 22nd 2013 new

Are We Redeemed or Saved?

• Date Preached: 2013-09-22
  • Sermon length: 19 minutes 37 seconds
www.audiosancto.org
Oct 22nd 2013 new
Hi, Bernard!

Always wanted a clear distinction...thanks for the topic. Very clear audio and very clear explanation.

So, redeemed is what Christ did for all men. He bought us with the price of His blood, the only acceptable price.

Salvation, our destination, takes place when the walk here is complete...the walk in the narrow way...to the end...to our death.

So we walk in "The Way" obedient to Christ, who is the way, the truth, the life...persevering to our end...

So Christ's Blood Redemption enables me through restoration and the power of the Spirit in Baptism, to journey along the narrow Way to ultimate salvation...to Christ eternal...heaven...

I thank you for the spiritual stretch...and soul food!

Barbara

Oct 22nd 2013 new
So....after all kinds of wool gathering.... I would answer the Topic question:

Both...We are redeemed and saved.
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: So....after all kinds of wool gathering.... I would answer the Topic question:

Both...We are redeemed and saved.
HAydock Catholic Bible Commentary

Ver. 24. Shall seek, &c. Shall desire to be saved; but for want of taking sufficient pains, and not being thoroughly in earnest, shall not attain to it. (Challoner) --- Our Lord answers here in the affirmative: viz. that the number of those who are saved, is very small, for a few only can enter by the narrow gate. Therefore does he say, according to St. Matthew, (Chap. vii.) Narrow is the way that leadeth to life, and few there are that enter therein. This does not contradict what is said in the 8th chapter of St. Matthew: That many shall come from the east, and sit down in the kingdom of God; for many indeed shall join the blessed company of the angels, but when considered with the number of the slain, they will appear but few. (St. Augustine, serm. xxxii. de Verb. Dei.)

23 And a certain man said to him: Lord, are they few that are saved? But he said to them:

24 *Strive to enter by the narrow gate: for many, I say to you, shall seek to enter, and shall not be able.

ST. LUKE - Chapter 13
Oct 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Hi, Bernard!

Always wanted a clear distinction...thanks for the topic. Very clear audio and very clear explanation.

So, redeemed is what Christ did for all men. He bought us with the price of His blood, the only acceptable price.

Salvation, our destination, takes place when the walk here is complete...the walk in the narrow way...to the end...to our death.

So we walk in "The Way" obedient to Christ, who is the way, the truth, the life...persevering to our end...

So Christ's Blood Redemption enables me through restoration and the power of the Spirit in Baptism, to journey along the narrow Way to ultimate salvation...to Christ eternal...heaven...

I thank you for the spiritual stretch...and soul food!

Barbara

You are welcome.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6