Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: Some other fashion failures come to mind, remember in the 1980's the guys mesh tee-shirt and one of my brother-in-laws still has a plaid polyester suit from the 1970's, thankfully he doesn't wear it.
LOL. The cranberry liesure suit with white belt and white shoes... And no I never owned one.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Fasion is a form of ugliness so sevre it MUST change every six months!
Oct 21st 2013 new
Why are just about all "good" athletic shoes made in weird colors?
I need a good gym shoe to wear every day, but not one in purple/pink/orange swirls. boggled
Oct 21st 2013 new
Women's Fashion that needs to go:
1. leggings as pants
2. wearing pajamas / yoga pants / track suits everywhere except the original intended purpose
3. low rise jeans that show the undergarments (and other stuff)
4. see through tops that show the undergarments (and other stuff)
5. low cut V-neck shirts that show more than is necessary
6. fluorescent colored spandex bodysuits
7. any skirt/shorts whose hemline ends just below the buttocks (how do they sit in these???)

Men's Fashion that needs to go:
1. skinny jeans
2. wearing pants in a manner that exposes the undergarments (and other stuff)
3. skin tight collared shirts
4. men wearing mascara (not sure if this would be fashion but it is creepy and becoming commonplace)
5. any clothes that look like they came out of the women's section of the store
Oct 21st 2013 new
(quote) Victoria-1016612 said: Women's Fashion that needs to go:
1. leggings as pants
2. wearing pajamas / yoga pants / track suits everywhere except the original intended purpose
7. any skirt/shorts whose hemline ends just below the buttocks (how do they sit in these???)

1. skinny jeans
4. men wearing mascara (not sure if this would be fashion but it is creepy and becoming commonplace)
Just a comment on your number 3 under men's fashion.

The problem here could just be that the man refuses to acknowedge th fact that he has gotten fatter and can no longer wear the smaller sized collar.

Years ago when I was a college student I worked in Montgomery Wards main Chicago store's bargain basement selling men's clothes. I had a customer who came in 4 times a year to buy a suit. He was at least a size 40. But he always insisted on buying a size 36 suit. He would not listen to the tailor telling him it was too small for him and would not even allow him to let the seams of the jacket or the waist of the pants to al leas make a stab at fitting him. All he would allow was the pant legs to be shortened to fit.

I don't know how the guy could even breath wearing the suits he bought, but he was happy as a clam.

The only time he varied from that routine was the time we had a suit just like the ones Hollywood would put a character in a movie playing the part of a low class, race track tout. Wide stripes, wide lapel, etc. It was a size 38.

The word circulated throughout the building that we had this monstrosity in stock. The President and CEO of the of the company came down to see this item. He told both my boss and me that he would like to know when it was sold and to call his office.

About a week later, this frequent customer came in and fell in love with the suit. I was handling the sale. My boss called the CEO's office. He came down immediately and stood dumbfounded as the tailor and customer went through their usual routine. The customer being always right, the deal and the tailoring was settled to his satisfaction. All the CEO could do was shake his head. He turned to me with this pained look on his face and said, "Only a guy like him would have even give a second look to a suit like that. It takes all kinds." He shook my hand and went back to his office shaking his head all the way to the elevator.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Just a comment on your number 3 under men's fashion.

The problem here could just be that the man refuses to acknowedge th fact that he has gotten fatter and can no longer wear the smaller sized collar.

Years ago when I was a college student I worked in Montgomery Wards main Chicago store's bargain basement selling men's clothes. I had a customer who came in 4 times a year to buy a suit. He was at least a size 40. But he always insisted on buying a size 36 suit. He would not listen to the tailor telling him it was too small for him and would not even allow him to let the seams of the jacket or the waist of the pants to al leas make a stab at fitting him. All he would allow was the pant legs to be shortened to fit.

I don't know how the guy could even breath wearing the suits he bought, but he was happy as a clam.

The only time he varied from that routine was the time we had a suit just like the ones Hollywood would put a character in a movie playing the part of a low class, race track tout. Wide stripes, wide lapel, etc. It was a size 38.

The word circulated throughout the building that we had this monstrosity in stock. The President and CEO of the of the company came down to see this item. He told both my boss and me that he would like to know when it was sold and to call his office.

About a week later, this frequent customer came in and fell in love with the suit. I was handling the sale. My boss called the CEO's office. He came down immediately and stood dumbfounded as the tailor and customer went through their usual routine. The customer being always right, the deal and the tailoring was settled to his satisfaction. All the CEO could do was shake his head. He turned to me with this pained look on his face and said, "Only a guy like him would have even give a second look to a suit like that. It takes all kinds." He shook my hand and went back to his office shaking his head all the way to the elevator.
Great story, Paul!
Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Victoria-1016612 said: Women's Fashion that needs to go:
1. leggings as pants

1. skinny jeans
I would keep a definite eye on a man who regularly wears mascara, or any other makeup, unless it is for Halloween. For men who would do this, I think I may know what they are trying to accomplish in doing that. Here in So CA, where everyone gets tan, and their hair bleaches out, whether they want that or not, very fair-haired young blonde men in particular, may not care for their blonde eyelashes. I see this especially among young men who surf, or do other daily water sports, their hair gets easily sun bleached. I have seen some young very blonde men get their lashes permanently dyed. As long as the dye is brown or darker blonde, and not black, I think that it may solve that issue, without looking like a man wearing women's makeup.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
How do you feel about utilikilts?
Oct 22nd 2013 new
And the little silky neckerchief, like Don Knotts used to wear.
Oct 22nd 2013 new
That is a great story! (I hope someone got a HUGH commission out of it.)

But today's shirts are tailored extra tight. It's a boon for the really slim guys, (like my son, who only weighs 115) but for anyone else, it looks like a) you have a stingy tailor, b) you bought cheap clothes & they shrank in the rain, or c) you borrowed your kid brother's shirt.
Posts 31 - 40 of 57