Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Manners online

Oct 24th 2013 new
Email 1 Woman - Like your profile etc
Email 1 Man - Likewise etc
Email 2 woman- How many siblings do you have etc etc?
Email 2 man- Answer questions and ask a couple of queries (eg love your photos- how long have you been skiing?)

Next-------------------- nothing.

Is it rude to start an email exchange and stop corresponding with someone when there remain "open items"? My view is that is poor manners. Am I overreacting? I appreciate many are very busy but I particularly find this odd when someone else has initiated the correspondence embarassed.
Oct 24th 2013 new
Aye,it is always rude to just up and disappear without saying good bye or why.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Aye,it is always rude to just up and disappear without saying good bye or why.
....unless they passed away.. scratchchin
Oct 24th 2013 new
I think you can let something fizzle out naturally (ie by asking no queries).

"Thanks for your email. I have a cat and a dog. Have a nice weekend" (not inviting a response) in place of:

"What was your experience at Fatima like? Have you been on many pilgrimages?" (inviting a response).

Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: ....unless they passed away..
theheart Heaven forbid
Oct 24th 2013 new
Hi Gabor, it happens frequently for me as well. I was sad at first and I "expected" that they should say something at least to end the communication or "friendship". This makes me confused a lot, I'm not sure if I should care and ask if they are fine, nothing happens to them or not; or keep silence means they want to end communication. Sometimes I think I should ignore this issue, but sometimes I feel I should ask those "friends"... I'm confused sad. I just don't want them to think I'm pursuing them faint, I just want to see them as "friends" at first.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: I think you can let something fizzle out naturally (ie by asking no queries).

"Thanks for your email. I have a cat and a dog. Have a nice weekend" (not inviting a response) in place of:

"What was your experience at Fatima like? Have you been on many pilgrimages?" (inviting a response).

Or at least " Well,it was nice to meet you.. God bless and all the best with your search"
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Or at least " Well,it was nice to meet you.. God bless and all the best with your search"
That is straight talking and not being rude.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: Email 1 Woman - Like your profile etc
Email 1 Man - Likewise etc
Email 2 woman- How many siblings do you have etc etc?
Email 2 man- Answer questions and ask a couple of queries (eg love your photos- how long have you been skiing?)

Next-------------------- nothing.

Is it rude to start an email exchange and stop corresponding with someone when there remain "open items"? My view is that is poor manners. Am I overreacting? I appreciate many are very busy but I particularly find this odd when someone else has initiated the correspondence .
Are you overreacting? In my opinion, yes.

Think of the example exchange like a casual conversation at a party or other social gathering: such exchanges can be suddenly interrupted in various ways; some times the other person returns to pick up where they left off, other times they don't.

Rather than taking offense at such situations, I suggest viewing them as a gift from God: an opportunity to build one's humility by ignoring the perceived affront and moving on.

Oct 24th 2013 new
Rather than taking offense at such situations, I suggest viewing them as a gift from God: an opportunity to build one's humility(agreed) by ignoring the perceived affront(I still think it is rude rather than perceived) and moving on (agreed- not something to lose sleep over).

Posts 1 - 10 of 49