Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Walkin' the dog -- a habit?

Oct 24th 2013 new
I live in an urban neighborhood and take a short walk 4-5 times a week. I pass a lot of people out with their dogs. But even though I always take the same route (and always at the same time of day), I almost never see the same people twice. scratchchin

If you have a dog, do you take the same route every day? A different one? Does the dog care?
Oct 24th 2013 new
smile Marge
Most people in my area walk their dogs at the same time each day. Routine I guess, the dogs appear patient and OK with it, though I have not asked any recently. I do not own a dog myself neither animal or human kind!
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I live in an urban neighborhood and take a short walk 4-5 times a week. I pass a lot of people out with their dogs. But even though I always take the same route (and always at the same time of day), I almost never see the same people twice.

If you have a dog, do you take the same route every day? A different one? Does the dog care?
You might want to look and see if you see the same.dog.... There are quite a few dogs walked during the day by "dog-walkers" so you see different folks but the same dog.
Oct 24th 2013 new
We have a one-mile route that is the same every day, weather permitting. There are shorter routes as well. The route is chosen by the presence or absence of sidewalks and high traffic streets. Time of day is determined by temperature. I have not asked Keipper's opinion. He is happy to go outside whenever I offer.
Oct 24th 2013 new
Our dog reminds me with a high pitched "Yip!" if I forget it's that time in the evening to walk her.
Oct 24th 2013 new

When I had a dog, I found that walking him was a great way to meet men. Hehe. wink

Hope you're finding the same.

Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:

When I had a dog, I found that walking him was a great way to meet men. Hehe.

Hope you're finding the same.

just came in from our walk and all males around were my kid's ages.............. weeping
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: just came in from our walk and all males around were my kid's ages..............

That's OK. These young men have fathers and uncles, don't they? Ya never know. I always try to get to know all kinds of people because ya never know who you'll meet through them.

Oct 25th 2013 new
Boji doesn't care where we go as long as he is with me. He loves a car ride - destination irrelevant. Boji comes to soccer games and practices, the hardware store and a couple of coffee shops with outdoor seating. On Saturday mornings I choose errands where he can come with me and have been known to sneak him in places where technically he's not allowed. (I define 'sneak' loosely, as he is a 95 pound dog.) My sweet baby is very well behaved, so usually he wins people over and they come pet him. I need to put photos of the dogs in my profile. (My son has a shih tzu.) They are important members of my household so I should be up front about them.
Oct 25th 2013 new
Not an animal person, myself. Married a man with a dog, would be hesitant to do it again.
What strikes me as odd is the fact that I never see any person/animal I recognize. boggled
Posts 1 - 10 of 24