Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What to do...

Oct 24 new
I ask for advice, sage wisdom, or just a reality check. I was having a decent conversation with a woman on here and suddenly she quits responding, my initial reaction is to send another email, but don't want to be over bearing. It's been about a week since I sent the message and I have seen her online. Has she lost interest or does the email system on here just suck?

Oct 24 new
try again. she may have something else going on in her life that she's incommunicado for a short time. leave things open for her to contact you.
Oct 24 new
(quote) Kate-912649 said: try again. she may have something else going on in her life that she's incommunicado for a short time. leave things open for her to contact you.
true, although unfortunately unlikely

Assume it's over. If it's not, enjoy the pleasant surprise.
Oct 24 new
(quote) Kate-912649 said: try again. she may have something else going on in her life that she's incommunicado for a short time. leave things open for her to contact you.
I agree with Kate. One more attempt and the move on.
Oct 24 new
I think you should try messaging her again, if she is anything like me she more than likely forgot to respond.:)
Oct 24 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I agree with Kate. One more attempt and the move on.
I say try many times. Some people are shy or introverted. I think she can block you if she gets tired of receiving emails. Hey, I wonder is Catholic Match notifies us if we have been blocked by someone?
Oct 24 new
Here's another thread on CM addressing the notion of someone disappearing on you

www.catholicmatch.com

If she's been online, and hasn't responded, I think she's not interested. two cents
Oct 24 new
(quote) William-1004521 said: I ask for advice, sage wisdom, or just a reality check. I was having a decent conversation with a woman on here and suddenly she quits responding, my initial reaction is to send another email, but don't want to be over bearing. It's been about a week since I sent the message and I have seen her online. Has she lost interest or does the email system on here just suck?

I know what you mean, William. What I come across more often than what you described is members not responding at all. I've sent emotigrams and emails and get nothing back. A simple response saying you're not interested is much better than ignoring my attempts at communication. Plus, as you mentioned, the first reaction is to send another message just in case the person didn't receive it for some reason. On the other hand, nobody wants to be overbearing. So my plea to everybody out there is this: Please respond when somebody takes the time to contact you. Even if you're not interested, it is curteous to thank the person for their interest. wink
Oct 24 new
(quote) William-1004521 said:  It's been about a week since I sent the message and I have seen her online. Has she lost interest or does the email system on here just suck?

Option 1: Try to resend your message... or send a new one
Option 2: Since you saw her online, invite her for a chat...

If you didn't get a response or ignore your attempt for a chat... then she's not interested..

Oct 24 new
(quote) Michelle-860764 said:  I wonder is Catholic Match notifies us if we have been blocked by someone?
Not sure.. But, if you see in your inbox "This person does not wish to communicate with you" it means you've been blocked by someone...
Posts 1 - 10 of 24