Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Let's write a story together!

Oct 24th 2013 new

I remember back in school my English teacher would have the whole class participating in helping each other write their stories. I always found it a lot of fun and I figured some of you may enjoy it.:)

here's how it works:
  • I will write an opening set up sentence.
  • You add the next line.
  • Read the other comments first, to see how the story is flowing.
  • You can only add one line until someone else adds a line.
  • Please dont try to write one long sentence that really is a paragraph. The fun is getting the different inputs and imagination to work together.
  • You can add as many lines as you want, but only one at a time, and only with someone else having a line between yours.
  • Let's try to keep this thread going, when you feel the story is going to end please write "the end" (or something that implies the story ended) and another topic sentence for a new story
  • And more importantly, let's have fun with this!
Once upon a time, a family of five lived in a small town.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Haley-1019327 said:
I remember back in school my English teacher would have the whole class participating in helping each other write their stories. I always found it a lot of fun and I figured some of you may enjoy it.:)

here's how it works:
I will write an opening set up sentence.You add the next line.Read the other comments first, to see how the story is flowing.You can only add one line until someone else adds a line.Please dont try to write one long sentence that really is a paragraph. The fun is getting the different inputs and imagination to work together.You can add as many lines as you want, but only one at a time, and only with someone else having a line between yours.Let's try to keep this thread going, when you feel the story is going to end please write "the end" (or something that implies the story ended) and another topic sentence for a new story And more importantly, let's have fun with this! Once upon a time, a family of five lived in a small town.
Every day, two or 3 of them would be seen together somewhere around the town.
Oct 24th 2013 new
The woman of the family liked to do her shopping on Thursdays with her youngest child along.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: The woman of the family liked to do her shopping on Thursdays with her youngest child along.
When shopping for groceries the little girl would always attempt to get her to stop in the candy isle.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: The woman of the family liked to do her shopping on Thursdays with her youngest child along.
As they shopped they came upon an unusual store, it beckoned them in with its quaint exterior and soft music playing.
Oct 24th 2013 new
Both the girl and her mother were eager to go inside and see what the merchandise was!
Oct 24th 2013 new
It was a shop like no other..and the creature behind the counter could be hardly called a woman..
Oct 24th 2013 new
The young girl stared wide eyed at the person behind the counter; there was something about the employee that made the her feel uneasy.
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Haley-1019327 said: The young girl stared wide eyed at the person behind the counter; there was something about the employee that made the her feel uneasy.
Perhaps it was the thick raised eyebrows, big ears and ruddy complexion
Oct 24th 2013 new
If she did not know better the little girl thought "He could be Santa Claus" but he doesn't have a beard.
Posts 1 - 10 of 120