Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

on the topic of forgetting

Oct 24th 2013 new
not to be presumptuous, but isn't it odd the things that one forgets?

I know I get weary but the things omitted/forgotten/skipped
are often not the unpleasant ones.........don't you hate it if
you sleep through something you were really looking forward to?
Oct 24th 2013 new
A neuropsychologist once told me that painful and traumatic events are imprinted on the brain cells because there is such a strong chemical surge at the time of the event. That's why we remember the hurtful, sad, traumatic experiences. So for the stuff that I might forget I have taken to using my phone calendar for all important events, and setting alarms. It works!
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: A neuropsychologist once told me that painful and traumatic events are imprinted on the brain cells because there is such a strong chemical surge at the time of the event. That's why we remember the hurtful, sad, traumatic experiences. So for the stuff that I might forget I have taken to using my phone calendar for all important events, and setting alarms. It works!
When you get older you can refer to forgetting things as a senior moment! I have always had the world's worst memory so I use an appointment book and keep it in a prominent place. For really important things I use a sticky note on the bathroom mirror. I take some teasing from my kids but at least I get where I need to be and on time.
Oct 25th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: When you get older you can refer to forgetting things as a senior moment! I have always had the world's worst memory so I use an appointment book and keep it in a prominent place. For really important things I use a sticky note on the bathroom mirror. I take some teasing from my kids but at least I get where I need to be and on time.
I have another take on this, in that....

....I have reminders and alarms as suggested.

it just seems that the times I really cannot wake up is for a fun thing
[sometimes admittedly I am avoiding something] but usually
the ''musts'' are done and I sleep through fun
Oct 27th 2013 new
Darn it, what I was going to say just slipped my mind!
Oct 27th 2013 new
Oh, I remember now. There's a trade-off as our brains age. What we lose in memory we gain in judgement.
Oct 27th 2013 new
It's an odd thing. I seem to remember the names of grammar school classmates better than high school ones. And I didn't have a very large high school class. I also remember the names of co-workers I had when I was very young, 18 - 20, better than ones I had a couple of years ago.
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Oh, I remember now. There's a trade-off as our brains age. What we lose in memory we gain in judgement.
yup....................that's it clearer thinking and choosing
Posts 1 - 8 of 8