Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Question about viewing

Oct 26th 2013 new
How exactly does it work? Does everyone you view show up as a Nww View on their profile? I saw a post by anothr man and wanted to see more anout his background
Oct 26th 2013 new
Dang phone posts.
continuing... When i viewed him does it show up?? I also saw an interesting photo on a 20 something woman. Would that show up too?? Just wondering.??
Oct 26th 2013 new
John, if you view someones profile of the same gender it does not show up on that persons as a view (in short the other has no idea that you viewed their profile)

In regards to the profiles of the opposite sex, when you view their profile it does show up on their profile that they were viewed by you. Subsequent views (within a given time period) to the same profile do not show as multiple views, I believe the time period to be a month - but would need verifcation from someone on CM on the actual time period elapsing before another view by you would show up on their profile as you viewing them again.

From the main page on your account there is a section entitled "Album Photos" that shows photos added to profiles within the last week. Clicking on one of these pictures, and then cycling through the users other pictures from the pop up image viewer does NOT show on their account that you were viewing their pictures. This ONLY holds for the "Album Photos" section of the home page and NOT the other sections - would result in a full view to their profile so to say.

Also, if you are wondering if one of your actions resulted in a "view" to a profile of the opposite sex - under the "Search" menu at the top of the page you can select "Activity History" which will indicate the profiles you HAVE viewed and show up as such on the members profile.

The above is my understanding of the actions that do and don't trigger a "view" of a profile - and as always, my understanding might be flawed.

Hope the above helps
Oct 26th 2013 new
Keep in mind also, that changes to your Profile Photo, Album Photos, or adding Personal Interview questions often brings you to the CM members as opposed to simply waiting and hoping for them to search for you. This is due to the fact that changes to the above parts of profile, mean that those images and or questions are listed on the front page of the other CM members as things added this week - so information about you is shown more frequently. So fi any CM member is looking for more visibility on the site to increase their chances of finding someone - continual additions to certain parts of your profile can do wonders.
Oct 26th 2013 new
John, I have found a civilized way to handle this is to click on the photo that interests me and then send a note saying what I saw and why it intrigued me. I hope it minimizes the freak out factor. Don't want 20 somethings to think I'm trolling for them either! tongue
Oct 26th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: Don't want 20 somethings to think I'm trolling for them either!
laughing laughing laughing
Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: Dang phone posts.
continuing... When i viewed him does it show up?? I also saw an interesting photo on a 20 something woman. Would that show up too?? Just wondering.??
John,

There is a point in the age difference at which your visit will not show up on a younger woman's "viewed me" list. If she is in her twenties you would not appear as having viewed her (and vice-versa). (I don't know exactly what the parameters are but I'm sure they were put in place to keep the younger members from being intimidated by people their parents' age viewing them.)

The purpose of the "viewed me" feature is (I'm sure) a match-making tool and not an historical record of who viewed us.

Oct 27th 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said: John,

There is a point in the age difference at which your visit will not show up on a younger woman's "viewed me" list. If she is in her twenties you would not appear as having viewed her (and vice-versa). (I don't know exactly what the parameters are but I'm sure they were put in place to keep the younger members from being intimidated by people their parents' age viewing them.)

The purpose of the "viewed me" feature is (I'm sure) a match-making tool and not an historical record of who viewed us.

If I recall correctly, an encounter is not registered when the younger member is more than 40% younger than the older member, but I am not certain of this number. Nathan-48443 has explained this in the past; he doesn't post often, so you should be able to find the details fairly easily be searching his post history.

Using the 40% threshold for sake of example:

The OP is 56. 40% of 56 is 22.4, so a person 33.6 years old would be 40% younger. I don't know how they handle the rounding and edge cases, so assume that an encounter will not be registered if the person whose profile is viewed is 32 or younger.

As someone else mentioned, only one profile view is registered for any given member in a 30 day period.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8