Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Something I've been struggling with is the fact that my annuled marriage was the whole reason I came to the Catholic faith in the first place. This wouldn't be terribly relevant except that discussing one's faith journey is a big part of courtship and thus, for me, talking about my ex is unavoidable.

I personally feel that bringing up one's exes is tacky, especially early on, but I always get asked "Why did you convert?" What's worse is that it was my ex who forced the divorce and started sleeping around in the first place. I went through a serious period of mistrust because my best example of Catholocism ended in a betrayal of Catholic ideals. The discussion almost always ends up with me sounding like I'm complaining about my ex. It makes me self conscious. I absolutely hate it.

On top of if all, I have this scarlet letter A for annulment on my forehead that makes me feel like damaged goods when it comes up.

Not sure what I'm expecting to hear. Maybe I just need to vent a bit. I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation and could offer their insights.
Oct 28 new
(quote) Dorian-1017643 said: Something I've been struggling with is the fact that my annuled marriage was the whole reason I came to the Catholic faith in the first place. This wouldn't be terribly relevant except that discussing one's faith journey is a big part of courtship and thus, for me, talking about my ex is unavoidable.

I personally feel that bringing up one's exes is tacky, especially early on, but I always get asked "Why did you convert?" What's worse is that it was my ex who forced the divorce and started sleeping around in the first place. I went through a serious period of mistrust because my best example of Catholocism ended in a betrayal of Catholic ideals. The discussion almost always ends up with me sounding like I'm complaining about my ex. It makes me self conscious. I absolutely hate it.

On top of if all, I have this scarlet letter A for annulment on my forehead that makes me feel like damaged goods when it comes up.

Not sure what I'm expecting to hear. Maybe I just need to vent a bit. I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation and could offer their insights.
On one hand we are all damaged goods the day we are born.Thanks Adam and Eve,Hello Original Sin! The Good News is that Jesus Christ Freed us from Original Sin,and gave us the Priest hood to take care of Actual Sin (those sins committed after Baptism).Yes we do have the A on our forehead for Annulment.Again,we are lucky we got a second chance.Thanks to the progressives in the Catholic Church.The Annulments are churned out at an alarming rate these days compared to the Pre-Seventies era.Yes I have one of those dreaded Papers too! Bringing up one's ex is Par for the course really.Usually it's the other person who is curious.With good reson.They want to know if you and me are the one's with the problem.Don't worry too much about it.As far as your ex goes.He is a hypocrite mired in Sin.Pray for him.Don't worry about anything.Just pray and move forward.God will supply the grace you need.Pray the rosary,and go to the Traditional Latin Mass if there is one near you.God bless you. wave theheart hug
Oct 28 new
sorry for all the typos.The editor doesn't work for me since CM upgraded.I am unable to correct anything.
Oct 29 new
Thanks for your insights, Bernard.

You want to talk about a scarlet letter? How about the fact that I can post in here but not in the Sports forum. So much for seeking out some Catholic friends online :-P.

Its like the white gloved ushers on the rail lines in Japan, shoving us into the "A" car.
Oct 30 new
(quote) Dorian-1017643 said: Thanks for your insights, Bernard.

You want to talk about a scarlet letter? How about the fact that I can post in here but not in the Sports forum. So much for seeking out some Catholic friends online :-P.

Its like the white gloved ushers on the rail lines in Japan, shoving us into the "A" car.
Why can't you? I have never even looked in the SPorts Forum.I am not into watching Sports much.Maybe Superbowl.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5