Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

9th year on CM reflection...

Oct 30th 2013 new
Just a little rant & ramble, feel free to pray for me as I pray for us all:

I started my profile on CM for the 1st time in 2005, when I was bright eyed and full of hope. I've been on and off this site as life has changed going on 9 years now. I don't think my husband is on this site, but being online with other Catholics is comforting. I thought I would be married in my twenties, but now I wonder what God has in store for me, especially since I know other people have waited much MUCH longer than I have for love.

I want to start a family while I'm still young enough to chase toddlers around. The bio clock isn't ticking out of control yet, but I'm worried about the day when it will be. If I truly trust God and just try to live without falling into utter despair from the abject loneliness everyday, I will survive, but God might not have plans for love finding me for years and years yet. I resolve to try my best to distract myself in the meantime and to "prepare a place for him (my husband)" as I heard God say to me recently, but I'm low. My soul is low and I pray for strength.

I wonder how many more years I have to wait. Curious. Feels like I'm looking out the window waiting for a bus that never comes, watching other people get on buses, but none of the buses are headed to my destination. You check your watch, you play sudoku, you look at the bus schedule (the bible) for clues as to a general idea of when your bus might come. But nothing in your own power is going to make that bus arrive. I have always been an unfailing optimist, but for the first time ever, I see no future for myself. That blank space in my heart & mind where big hopes and dreams and plans used to be is worrisome.

It's the same old tale for a lot of us on CM; the people were attracted to are not attracted to us and vise versa. We meet a jerk who's supposed to be a good catholic but who completely derails our lives on our way to joy. They callously break your heart, then go off and get happily married, while you sit on the shelf of God's toy store as if you were the antagonist. There's a shoe for every big foot, but man I'd like to leave the store with a good purchase. God, where are MY Jimmy Choo's?! Where are my Payless knockoff Manolo's even, Lol. You forgive, you forget, you try to move on, but there's nothing to move on to.

I don't know what God has planned, but I trust it will be awesome; provided I'm not too far into my senility to enjoy it once it gets here ha ha. I will hold onto Isaiah 54, make myself busy, and pray.

To my CM brothers and sisters, I love you and I hope God blesses you all with the love I know we are often afraid to say we are so desperately waiting for. I pray He frees us from whatever is holding up our blessings. I pray for healing for all the broken and lonely hearts. I offer this suffering up to God with the prayer that he uses it to free the souls in purgatory. I hope my hope is really not gone.

If you're still reading this rant & ramble, STAY STRONG, TRUST JESUS.

Love & God bless
- Nadia :)
Oct 30th 2013 new
It is lonely at times. I wonder, "Who will look at my profile?" And then, someone does. But always the same: some brief communication, then, nada.
Nov 1st 2013 new
First post alert! Welcome, Ted! We're a little quirky, but not so bad once you get to know us. wink

Nadia, I loved what you wrote and the way you wrote it. We may all be out here in our own little boats, but at least we are bobbing around out here together. Blessings on your journey. I will keep your charming self in my prayers.
Nov 1st 2013 new
Nadia, never give up hope!! You are in my prayers. hug
Nov 1st 2013 new
Nadia,
So many of us can relate to what you wrote. Some of it was painful to read because you so powerfully struck a chord. You are still so young! Don't settle for Manolo knockoffs OR Jimmy Choo's. There is a pair of glass slippers made especially for you, and Jesus will someday place them on your feet. DO NOT lose your sense of humor and PLEASE remain hopeful.

I love you too, Nadia. I will pray for you and greatly appreciate those prayers which you are offering for me and our brothers and sisters.

May the Holy Saints of God pray for us!

Anthony
Nov 1st 2013 new
This is an amazing piece of wriiting !
Nov 1st 2013 new
Nadia,

Thank you for the honest post. It made me forget about my own fears and worries for a moment :). I have not been on the site as long as you have but I do get discouraged sometimes. But whenever I am down I remind myself that whether I am on or off the site is not what really matters. Striving to live a life pleasing to God is what matters. I pray that God gives us the strength and the courage to not give up. I know there a many frogs out there but I know that my prince will come :)
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Nadia-814356 said: Just a little rant & ramble, feel free to pray for me as I pray for us all.
If you're still reading this rant & ramble, STAY STRONG, TRUST JESUS.
Nadia,
You truly are my Soul Sister! You have found the words that have been on my mind! I so much prefer Chronos to Kairos when I am feeling low! I too, will pray with and for you especially this weekend. May you know that our God has not forgotten you!
In my prayers you remain my sister! Christine
Nov 2nd 2013 new
Thank you! :)
Nov 2nd 2013 new
Thank you Anthony. I thought about glass slippers, but I think my little heart can't hope that high yet, gotta pace myself, lol. Your faith encourages me :) All the kind people on CM like you help me to keep smiling :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 28