Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 30th 2013 new
My dad's Old Spice aftershave.

Grandpa's Swisher Sweet cigars.
Oct 31st 2013 new
My favorite childhood aroma is the smell of apples.

I grew up in Michigan where the fall is apple season. My mother did and still does make many apple dishes. Growing up I thought everyone had hot apple crisp, fresh applesauce, apple muffins, yummy baked apples, and many more apple dishes.

For a special treat once or twice a year, we would go to an orchard and have apple cider and doughnuts.

But when I cut into an freshly picked apple even now, I am whisked back to the smells of many apples. Each apple variety is unique and special. It takes me all fall season to enjoy them! biggrin

Oct 31st 2013 new
Luv's Baby Soft reminds me of all the girls I knew in high school. Onions sweating in bacon fat reminds of my Mom & Grandmother. Lots of cooking started that way (German Potato Salad, Sweet & Sour Cabbage). Paint stripper, stain, and varnish remind of Dad's shop.
Oct 31st 2013 new
Mmmmm , I have a few "favorite smells". The scent of fresh cut grass, chocolate chip cookies baking, clean laundry that dried on the clothes line, the scent of a rain shower heading my way and coffee brewing in the morning at my grandparents. Funny, I never did acquire a taste for coffee but still enjoy the aroma!
Oct 31st 2013 new
We had a lady who would help my Mom out when there were 6 of us at home....and she would come in maybe 2 or 3 days a week. She had several cake recipes including the most wonderful smelling pound cake. Before she had to retire....After she did....I guess my Mom KNEW we all liked her cakes...and she continued to make them! One of the few colognes my Dad would ever wear was "Old Spice" And I could tell when he was at home! I loved that scent because it reminded me of him. To this day i still have a bottle of it~
Oct 31st 2013 new
the comic book stand
Nov 1st 2013 new
The sweet, comforting aroma of the only fragrance my mother ever wore...White Shoulders.

Whenever I want to remember her in a special way, I dab on a bit of White Shoulders and it takes me back to happier times. hug

I got the bottle out once again on Tuesday, as Oct. 29 was the 9th anniversary of my dear mother's passing.

Now, as my family prepares to commemorate the one year anniversary of my late husband's death on Nov. 3, I wonder what scent will bring me comfort...
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: The sweet, comforting aroma of the only fragrance my mother ever wore...White Shoulders.

Whenever I want to remember her in a special way, I dab on a bit of White Shoulders and it takes me back to happier times.

I got the bottle out once again on Tuesday, as Oct. 29 was the 9th anniversary of my dear mother's passing.

Now, as my family prepares to commemorate the one year anniversary of my late husband's death on Nov. 3, I wonder what scent will bring me comfort...
My late mother used to use Jean Nate! That takes us back.
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: My late mother used to use Jean Nate! That takes us back.
My Mom used to wear "Estee"? Is that the name of it ladies? I remember it like it was yesterday. I could remember running errands for her in HER car (when she was sick) and that scent permeated the interior!
Nov 1st 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Jolly Rancher watermelon & apple stix, capgun smoke, the smell of lots of chlorine in the pool, French toast for dinner, my mom's quesadillas and coppertone oil in a tube. :) :) :)
Elizabeth....thanks for bringing back the memory of "capgun smoke" I used to love that!
Posts 61 - 70 of 70