Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Inspired by a stuffing or cranberry sauce thread! Normally, I make lasagna for Thanksgiving (and may still do so), but this year we're going out to eat. Although, I may have a traditional meal with friends over the weekend. (The leftovers are always the best part!) What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Nov 02 new
My mom and I split the meal responsibilities. I do the turkey, stuffing, and pick the wine. She does everything else. I love the turkey. I spread butter mixed with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme under the skin. It gets stuffed with a homemade beer bread stuffing, then periodically based with white wine. Tent it for 3/4 of the time, then take the foil off to let it brown up.

This year, some neighbors and I are going to co-host a "Friends-Giving." We provide the turkey, they come with their favorite Thanksgiving dish from their childhood.
Nov 02 new
I live with my daughter, so I will be cooking a turkey for my daughter and her extended family. Her husband's parents, his sister, grandmother, and aunt will join us as well. It is always an interesting combination because we each bring something from our past holiday traditions. I am the only pie baker, so I get to share my pumpkin pie as well as 2 or 3 other favorites. Special beans, homemade cranberry relish, savory sweet potatoes, mashed white potatoes, and a corn casserole will be crowned with salads, and lots of olives! My grand kids LOvE olives so I go through quite a few cans of black olives in the afternoon ! We will definitely watch football ! Being from Detroit, I am hoping to watch the Lions !
Nov 02 new
eyepoppingI will be working :_( boggled sadI hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving! eyebrow irked
Nov 02 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: I will be working :_( I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving!
When I was young, single, childless, I always volunteered to work holidays at the hospital. Because there were no surgeries scheduled it was usually a slow day AND we got the wonderful "turkey meal" from the cafeteria. I loved it! Even when I had young kids and I worked part time at the hospital, I still worked holidays. Eventually the nursing schedule became too much for our family so I changed careers and became a teacher. I actually miss working at the hospital but love my teaching gig.
Nov 02 new
we had our thanksgiving last month but I have a big dinner planned
for next weekend for those willing to not be out of town
................some family members
Nov 04 new
(quote) Mel-398726 said: My mom and I split the meal responsibilities. I do the turkey, stuffing, and pick the wine. She does everything else. I love the turkey. I spread butter mixed with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme under the skin. It gets stuffed with a homemade beer bread stuffing, then periodically based with white wine. Tent it for 3/4 of the time, then take the foil off to let it brown up.

This year, some neighbors and I are going to co-host a "Friends-Giving." We provide the turkey, they come with their favorite Thanksgiving dish from their childhood.
Mel - if you don't mind sharing your beer bread stuffing recipe, I'd love to try it! hug

I'll cook the meal for my Mom, son and fiance', out of state brother and his family of 6 who are driving down last minute, etc. (I've done the majority of this since my Dad passed, as Mom doesn't stand/walk very well anymore.) We'll bake a ham, and have the usual turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, stuffing, salad, rolls/butter, possibly sweet potato casserole, relish tray (you all can have my olives, bleeech! boggled ) - and probably pumpkin, pecan, and apple or cherry pie.
Leftover white meat turkey sandwiches are the best!! biggrin
Nov 04 new
I will be flying to AZ to visit family. I have not been able to see them (mom & siblings) for about 5 years.
Nov 04 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: I will be flying to AZ to visit family. I have not been able to see them (mom & siblings) for about 5 years.
Very nice, Johnny. Hope you have a wonderful reunion with your family!

Will pray for safe travels for you and ALL who are traveling for the holidays. Praying Praying
Nov 04 new
*Mary... Thank you very much. I am really looking forward to it. biggrin
Posts 1 - 10 of 29