Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

All Souls Day

Nov 2nd 2013 new
Please pray for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, they count on and need our prayers!
"Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and let Perpetual Light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in Peace. Amen."
Nov 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Mary-978712 said: Please pray for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, they count on and need our prayers!
"Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and let Perpetual Light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed rest in Peace. Amen."
That's what this month is about. Purgatory doesn't get much pulpit time I'm afraid. But I believe except for a few Catholics the Souls In Purgatory are forgotten. But I do pray for the them .

Thanks for bring this thread,Mary. May others remember as well.
Nov 2nd 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying
Nov 2nd 2013 new
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of thy Divine Son,Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in purgatory . Amen

For sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family Amen. Praying rosary

Nov 2nd 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying
Nov 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jacinta-80503 said: Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of thy Divine Son,Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in purgatory . Amen

For sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family Amen.

rosary Praying
Nov 2nd 2013 new
Thank you Jim. Just thinking of my dad, grandparents, and all those souls who have no one to pray for them. Our prayers are so needed.
Nov 2nd 2013 new
Hi to everyone,
I found the most beautiful prayers in the "Magnificat" this month....

"O Lord God almighty, I pray thee by the Precious Blood which thy divine Son Jesus shed in the garden, deliver the souls in purgatory, and especially that soul among them all which is most destitute of spiritual aid; and vouchsafe to bring it to thy glory, there to praise and bless thee forever, Amen."

"O Lord God almighty, I pray thee by the Precious Blood which thy divine Son Jesus shed in his cruel scourging, deliver the souls in purgatory, and that soul especially which is nearest to its entrance into thy glory: that so it may forthwith begin to praise and bless thee forever. Amen."

beautiful prayers...
Nov 2nd 2013 new
Praying theheart hug
Thanks for this thread Mary. At my church the priests talk about Holy Souls and Purgatory often. We are blessed. Pray for them and they will pray for us. Praying theheart hug
Nov 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said:
Thanks for this thread Mary. At my church the priests talk about Holy Souls and Purgatory often. We are blessed. Pray for them and they will pray for us.
My dear Mother honored this day as much or more as yesterday. (All Saints) She regularly made the Mass on All Souls' She used to say "We don't need to worry about where the Saints are...or how happy....but we certainly should pray for the Poor Souls...and ALL Souls" Yesterday the young priest gave a very brief homily But it sure was thought provoking on Mother Teresa. When asked what it took to be a Saint she said, "Only desire.....God will do the rest"
Posts 1 - 10 of 23