Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Glitch in the Chat Matrix

Nov 5th 2013 new
If your suggestion is to make a "Trouble Ticket" then thank you in advance. =)

I'm curious if this happens to you:
You are having a private chat with another member and they receive a duplicate message of one you have sent previously to them during that same chat session. The super odd thing is, only they will see it on their screen. If it is my message that is getting duped, I will not even see it.

It is not user error and it is not browser specific. But it is annoying. I typed a member's name wrong once and she jokingly corrected me. Minutes later the system duped that message and she made a comment like, "I hope you don't spell my name wrong again!" Luckily, I am the kind of person to get to the bottom of things like that.

Another time, I member and I set up a time to chat, and she knew I was coming home from a BBQ to make it happen. The dupes were in full force and she ended up accusing me of being drunk! haha. (I hardly even drink at all.) She wouldn't listen to my reasoning and she stopped communicating with me after that. No big loss, but I'd rather not deal with this difficulty.

So . . . is this happening to you (maybe even without your knowledge?)

Nov 5th 2013 new
That's been happening for years: you're going along in a chat, and a sentence from earlier in the chat reappears out of nowhere... it's not just you, and I never knew whether both parties see the redundant line, as I seldom use the chat feature here.
Nov 5th 2013 new
This has happened to me and I thought the person was chatting to multiple women at the same time. Ooops!
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: This has happened to me and I thought the person was chatting to multiple women at the same time. Ooops!
Haha. Poor fella!!
Nov 5th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: That's been happening for years: you're going along in a chat, and a sentence from earlier in the chat reappears out of nowhere... it's not just you, and I never knew whether both parties see the redundant line, as I seldom use the chat feature here.
ditto!
Nov 7th 2013 new
Our tech team has been working on creating a brand new chat feature which eliminates all of the current known bugs. They're in the final stages of testing now, so it shouldn't be long before it's released and the laundry list of problems with the current chat feature are eliminated.
Nov 8th 2013 new
Hey Thanks Debbie. That's great to know!
Posts 1 - 7 of 7