Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

The Meaning of the Cross

Nov 7th 2013 new
God says I love you with an everlasting love! No longer an ornament and not just for rock stars! The cross confronts people. It is a confrontation that all of us must face.
Nov 11th 2013 new
although for many it is jewelry, I believe it still works to show Jesus to others
Nov 11th 2013 new
For me, the Cross is God's beautiful love story for each of us. It is a place of grace, mercy and eternal love. And when I'm called to carry my own crosses, the Cross of Christ becomes a place of courage, hope and strength for my heart.
Nov 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Janice-991155 said: For me, the Cross is God's beautiful love story for each of us. It is a place of grace, mercy and eternal love. And when I'm called to carry my own crosses, the Cross of Christ becomes a place of courage, hope and strength for my heart.
It is beautiful, and terrible, agonizing and death dealing. It is also the way to resurrection, redemption and restoration. I especially like to bring it into focus concerning our relationships. Jesus, who is LOVE said; I am the way, the truth and the light come follow me...all the way to Calvary.

Marriage almost always leads us there, if by no other reason then loving requiring a death to "me". The opportunities to die to myself in marriage are "legion", and they occur "7 times 70" every day. However, do I see them as gifts from God to help transform me into an "Alter Christus", an unconditional lover? Or do I bristle? feel that my dignity has been disrespected? or my rights violated?

I believe in healthy boundaries, non-toxic relationships, and the completely destructive power of emotional abuse. But these are the things we need to discern right now, in the dating phase of the relationship. And even should some of these dysfunctions wound our potential partner, are they capable of understanding what is involved in a sacramental marriage? are they willing to endure "till death do us part"? If so, then Love can endure and heal, and redeem, and restore. But if not...then perhaps it is not the cross that Christ had in mind for us.
Nov 23rd 2013 new
amenmy son is in the middle of mental illness toxicity and alanon saves 'my bacon'
Nov 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: amenmy son is in the middle of mental illness toxicity and alanon saves 'my bacon'
CODA and 12 Step Programs have helped me so much, I can't begin to praise how much God's grace flows through them. The honesty and courage of those "working the program" should be an inspiration to every Catholic. They live their "Examination of Conscience" as though their lives depend on it. And, in fact, they do...but so do ours.

I will keep both you and your son in my heart and in my prayers.
Nov 23rd 2013 new
thanks, Larry.

it tougher than autism and schizophrenia.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7