Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I am starting to think that one reason ladies don't write to me is simply because they are unpaid members. Maybe we should have a feature here where those who are willing to take the chance can pay the posting charge for unpaid members. In other words, unpaid lady sees my profile but doesn't want to pay for a subscription for me not to respond (understandable), so I put a flag on my account that says I am willing to pay, say, a dollar or two per message to Catholic Match so that she can write to me risk-free. If I really like her, maybe I'd pay for her subscription for a while instead of paying per message. And if I only want to pay for local inquiries, that could be an option too. Make it like Google Ads, where I could put a monthly or daily limit on how many of those I can accept. And of course, if she isn't a lady and I am not interested, I can write her a polite note and then block her. Thoughts?
Nov 8th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I am starting to think that one reason ladies don't write to me is simply because they are unpaid members. Maybe we should have a feature here where those who are willing to take the chance can pay the posting charge for unpaid members. In other words, unpaid lady sees my profile but doesn't want to pay for a subscription for me not to respond (understandable), so I put a flag on my account that says I am willing to pay, say, a dollar or two per message to Catholic Match so that she can write to me risk-free. If I really like her, maybe I'd pay for her subscription for a while instead of paying per message. And if I only want to pay for local inquiries, that could be an option too. Make it like Google Ads, where I could put a monthly or daily limit on how many of those I can accept. And of course, if she isn't a lady and I am not interested, I can write her a polite note and then block her. Thoughts?
naaaaaaaaaaah.don't act so desperate.we love ya
Nov 9th 2013 new
I don't think it matters paid or unpaid. The right person just hasn't come across you yet. I have not had anyone write to me sin since starting CM; but I am patient. If it is in God's plan, I will meet someone and so will you. Hang in there.
Nov 9th 2013 new
Seems to me that if she can't be bothered to pony up a few bucks, she's not really serious about meeting anyone.

You can do better than a half-hearted cheapskate, pal. hug
Nov 9th 2013 new
Two things:

1. CM won't do it. If given a choice to spend just a few dollars, people will just send their e-mail addresses and then not pay to use the site otherwise.

2. Andrew, you are worth more than lowering your standards in this way. Women who can't decide whether or not to pay just a few dollars to get the chance to talk to you are not the women for you. Pray about this, keep sending messages, work on improving yourself, and go to events/meet-ups.
Nov 9th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:  she can't be bothered to pony up a few bucks,
laughing laughing scratchchinNever heard that one before...how apt!!
Nov 9th 2013 new
sending a prayer to lift your spirits
Nov 9th 2013 new
How do we know she is a cheapskate? Maybe she is a wonderful lady with a horrible disease that left her with substantial out-of-pocket medical expenses, and the only cure is a kiss from a gentleman, and she simply cannot afford to purchase even a short subscription.
Nov 9th 2013 new

I am a bit younger than Andrew, and I have seen a bit of this when corresponding with women of my age.

I think the problem with women is that they do not initiate the contact. So when someone "interesting" contacts them, they do not want to pay $25 just for that one person. I think that's too much when you aren't sure about the other person. Since, women initiate the contacts, generally they do not expect someone else to contact them in the near future. So the benefit of paying is to correspond with just one person.

I'm just curious if it is illegal on CM to send your email to the other person, to take the correspondence offline?

Nov 9th 2013 new
IMHO, if you can't ante up, get out of the game. No kibitzers allowed!
Dating is hardly a spectator sport, is it?
Posts 1 - 10 of 50