Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Is there a meal from your childhood that you refuse to make for yourself now?

I've had no desire to re-visit meatloaf, hash, certain stews, a soft boiled egg or that sea-weedy type spinach that comes in a box. boggled
Nov 10 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: Is there a meal from your childhood that you refuse to make for yourself now?

I've had no desire to re-visit meatloaf, hash, certain stews, a soft boiled egg or that sea-weedy type spinach that comes in a box.
Stewed tripe...........when I was little,it got poked around my plate 'til it went cold...I had to then try to eat the cold rubbery stuff-couldn't stomach the thing laughing laughing
Nov 10 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: Is there a meal from your childhood that you refuse to make for yourself now?

I've had no desire to re-visit meatloaf, hash, certain stews, a soft boiled egg or that sea-weedy type spinach that comes in a box.
This should stir controversy..... I will give my portion to anyone who will have it.....

Watermelon ! Yuck! I just can't stand the smell, taste or texture. I like all other types of melons (that I can think of), but there is just something particularly disgusting about watermelon.

I'm sure this is a favorite desert of many. Does this make me strange? scratchchin

Ed
Nov 10 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Stewed tripe...........when I was little,it got poked around my plate 'til it went cold...I had to then try to eat the cold rubbery stuff-couldn't stomach the thing
Ooh. Never had it, thank goodness.

I don't like peas and carrots either! Or lima beans. Ick.
Nov 10 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: This should stir controversy..... I will give my portion to anyone who will have it.....

Watermelon ! Yuck! I just can't stand the smell, taste or texture. I like all other types of melons (that I can think of), but there is just something particularly disgusting about watermelon.

I'm sure this is a favorite desert of many. Does this make me strange?

Ed
Some of us were talking at a dinner last night about how some salads contain watermelon now. And we like it!
Nov 10 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: Some of us were talking at a dinner last night about how some salads contain watermelon now. And we like it!
I know the salads of which you speak. It is, in my opinion, a very unfortunate thing to do to a salad. laughing While I wouldn't pick the watermelon pieces out of my salad, I would perhaps try to steer the salad tongs around the larger watermelon pieces (while dishing up my plate) so as to avoid them as much as possible.

Ed
Nov 10 new
Sadly Tuna Mornay can no longer be eaten by my kids (I love it) as one year we all had the flu and were the five of us house bound.We had a beautiful Mornay made for lunch.But somehow when you are really sick you can be turned off that certain food associated with being sick almost forever. sorry
Soggy cold Weeties make me feel sick..the last at the breakfast table being watched by a big sister to make sure I ate it all..ugh.(years ago,not now ha ha)
Nov 10 new
Can't say that I can think of a single thing. I'll eat virtually anything except licorice, pistachios, and cheap pizza.
Nov 10 new
I remember lima beans as the most disgusting vegetable on the planet. My father (born in 1920's) would always ask us to eat everything on the plate. To this day the sight and squizziness of them, well it is almost making me sick to my stomach now. On Fridays my parents would do this fried macaroni dish with tomatoes which most in the family loved but me, I still think it tastes terrible.
Nov 10 new
Peas
spinach (unless it's in pizza)
sauercraut ~ unless it's not real dried out and on a polish sausage.
brussel sprouts
cooked cabbage
cranberry sauce
sweet potatos
Posts 1 - 10 of 54