Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

These are kind of funny, but kind of serious too! What else can you think of to ensure domestic bliss?
www.huffingtonpost.com
Nov 14th 2013 new
those are fab!..................when I did that post about being too selfish to marry elsewhere, these are just what I was referring to....................my two boys are sooooooooooooooooo challenging to live with..................when I get peace and quiet.................................I may well not be fit to talk to never mind live with.............lol
Nov 14th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: These are kind of funny, but kind of serious too! What else can you think of to ensure domestic bliss?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/09/marriage-advice_n_4236592.html
A number of little things to consider--including whether one way of any of those is a preference or a must-be-this-way--whether one can see an item for the trivia it is, or whether one is so ingrained with his preference that it will be an irritant and an argument when it's done an alternate way; whether one can choose to compromise his way on a couple of those things, and the partner compromise on several others. Whether one is seriously concentrating on the things that are above and trying to abandon worldly worries, or whether one is still shackled to those worldly concerns and cannot well rise above them.
Nov 14th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: These are kind of funny, but kind of serious too! What else can you think of to ensure domestic bliss?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/09/marriage-advice_n_4236592.html
Rachel, now I know why I avoid reading the Huffingtonpost. Obviously a list made by a woman, a very childish, controlling woman. Half the stuff isn't even worth talking about.
Nov 14th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Rachel, now I know why I avoid reading the Huffingtonpost. Obviously a list made by a woman, a very childish, controlling woman. Half the stuff isn't even worth talking about.
Tom -- I feel that's a very chauvinistic remark. Perhaps you don't care one way or the other about these or any things, but I can assure you there are many men, my ex included, who are very particular about things like this and are greatly disturbed by others not 'doing things right.' Although this article was written light-heartedly, these things are some of the little daily irritants that can cause friction to build in a marriage. It's good to hear how your future life-long partner feels about the little and big things in daily life.
Nov 14th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Tom -- I feel that's a very chauvinistic remark. Perhaps you don't care one way or the other about these or any things, but I can assure you there are many men, my ex included, who are very particular about things like this and are greatly disturbed by others not 'doing things right.' Although this article was written light-heartedly, these things are some of the little daily irritants that can cause friction to build in a marriage. It's good to hear how your future life-long partner feels about the little and big things in daily life.
I'm with you that irritating habits must be addressed and compromising found...............the honeymoon doesn't last long
Nov 15th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Tom -- I feel that's a very chauvinistic remark. Perhaps you don't care one way or the other about these or any things, but I can assure you there are many men, my ex included, who are very particular about things like this and are greatly disturbed by others not 'doing things right.' Although this article was written light-heartedly, these things are some of the little daily irritants that can cause friction to build in a marriage. It's good to hear how your future life-long partner feels about the little and big things in daily life.
Not so sure Tom's remark is chauvinistic but it sure comes across as dismissive! I read this 'huffingtonpost' list that is most likely written by a woman and was amused. I can assure you that my parents fought over some of the items on the list as if the world would end if one of them wasn't "right"....of course, they both KNEW they were!!! I also knew that what they were really fighting over was buried somewhere under one of those "35 excuses"!!! Maybe the title of the list should be: "If you or your potential partner strongly disagree with each other on more than half of the following.....one of you might be a control freak" laughing eyepopping wink
Nov 15th 2013 new
Thanks for your response, Rachel. You have been helpful to me in the past about how I could copy and pass on some of the other posts you made. I respect your opinion, I was just giving mine.
Nov 15th 2013 new
My opinion is: if you seriously argue about these items--you've got more serious problems.
Nov 16th 2013 new
The only one that seemed genuinely problematic was cats vs. dogs. I don't like cats- they make me sneeze. I also think they belong in the barn, not the house. My dogs also chase cats and one of them seems intent on CATCHING one. If my future sweetie loves his kitties we're going to have to find a compromise.

The rest don't matter. I was married for 13 years to a very particular person. If there's one thing I know how to do, it's compromise.

Posts 1 - 10 of 20