Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

I know, I know.....

Nov 14th 2013 new
rose I know the holidays are about thanking God and receiving Jesus and what He did for us, but I am feeling down during the holidays and would like them to just go away. I am happy for all those with spouses and families. I can be alone, but don't like this quiet anymore. I know I have more than many, but still feeling it. Ok thanks for letting me vent. rose
Nov 14th 2013 new
GBU.. Praying
Nov 15th 2013 new
Happy Holidays does not mean you must feel what you cannot feel right now, at this present time.
Do not beat yourself up or feel you have to muster up.

Rather than merry, I have tried just finding a peace. You know? Making a peace with yourself that you're okay, just not "into" everything. Christ can give us that kind of peace. So, we widows and widowers need to be kind to ourselves. We don't need to be phony and plastic with Christ. He understands loss and heartache and wounds.Sometimes we feel truly fine and on top of our game, and other times we are in the dregs of what feels like solitary confinement. Holidays-wow-it can be a roller coaster for sure.

If we are functioning in reality, taking physical and spiritual care of ourselves, handling responsibilities well, contributing to our community in service or charity, reaching out to others who need us, honoring God with obedience and trustTHAT can be a Happy ChristmasGod is a God of surprise and promise, so who knows how He can gift us this year? And, too, we know HE will never leave us even if we are not being great elves this Christmas!
As we keep the faith, we can know there is One who abides-no matter what! Hope this helps a tiny bit? It's just how I can be "free", and still remain true to self.

Nov 15th 2013 new
Hi fun Jane, I know you're fun from your party gras glasses!
I have much difficulty with the holidays also, My husband; his son I brought up and loved; and also later a fianc; all passed in Nov. and Dec. and at present I am in the hospital.(with a good prognosis)
There is much gratification in doing for others during the holidays, Also staying close to God and Mary with the advent reading. Get the Magnificat or attend the Liturgy of the Hours for the season with others. It is so poignant! With Mary I feel like that beautiful dew drop becoming heavy and about to drop. Let the love of God for you fill you to the bursting point and splash on others. God does love us and thinks we are the apple of his eye. I pray for the folks God wants in our lives to be there. Unfortunately, that special trusted soulmate someone is not always there. However knowing we are the Bride of Christ, I see his special gifts. , I endeavor to take care of the kingdom like Cinderella would with Prince Charming. Let's entrust each season of the year, of our lives to God. and may the BVM swaddle us in her love and place us in the manger with Jesus in the Refuge of the Nativity also!
Nov 15th 2013 new
(quote) Denise-906256 said: Hi fun Jane, I know you're fun from your party gras glasses!
I have much difficulty with the holidays also, My husband; his son I brought up and loved; and also later a fianc; all passed in Nov. and Dec. and at present I am in the hospital.(with a good prognosis)
There is much gratification in doing for others during the holidays, Also staying close to God and Mary with the advent reading. Get the Magnificat or attend the Liturgy of the Hours for the season with others. It is so poignant! With Mary I feel like that beautiful dew drop becoming heavy and about to drop. Let the love of God for you fill you to the bursting point and splash on others. God does love us and thinks we are the apple of his eye. I pray for the folks God wants in our lives to be there. Unfortunately, that special trusted soulmate someone is not always there. However knowing we are the Bride of Christ, I see his special gifts. , I endeavor to take care of the kingdom like Cinderella would with Prince Charming. Let's entrust each season of the year, of our lives to God. and may the BVM swaddle us in her love and place us in the manger with Jesus in the Refuge of the Nativity also!
GBU.....what a fabulous message!
Nov 15th 2013 new
I feel like that every year, but "go through the motions" for the kids. I honestly cannot wait until they are all away at college and I can just go to Mass on Christmas and forget everything else.
Nov 15th 2013 new
Marge---you said it!!! last year I didn't put up anything--mainly, being alone and trying to drag boxes down from the attic and then downstairs and through the hall into the living room and then reverse it----too much work!! But, I too go through the motions--I think I've become a very good actress. At least, I think, they don't know. Except, they're always saying: Smile for the camera, MOM. Are you smiling? then, I really don't want to smile. BAH, Humbug!!!
Nov 15th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: GBU..
Thank you Susan. It's nice to see you smiling face in these forums. Praying hug
Nov 15th 2013 new
(quote) Denise-906256 said: Hi fun Jane, I know you're fun from your party gras glasses!
Thank you Denise that is a beautiful message. I do go to the hours and such when I can, it's beautiful, I am blessed. Every year my husband and I would volunteer where we could serving food and delivering dinners to those that didn't have much. I am trying to do more to keep busy. Hope you are out of that hospital soon! Feel better. Praying hug
Nov 15th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I feel like that every year, but "go through the motions" for the kids. I honestly cannot wait until they are all away at college and I can just go to Mass on Christmas and forget everything else.
Thanks Marge. I have been to so many masses by myself, I usually cry all the way home. If not I just stare straight forward as I drive. And go through the motions. I am sorry you go though the motions too. Praying hug
Posts 1 - 10 of 27