Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

A friend uses a different online dating service, and showed me a profile of a man she thought was a find. I was aghast to find out it was someone I'd known for most of my life. And his profile was nothing like him!
Nov 17th 2013 new
Sorry, I hit Enter too early. Anyway, this man lived nothing like his profile detailed. Even I would have loved to have met the profile-man. But I knew he was very different. This got me to thinking-are we living what we present ourselves to be? Does our real-life FB wall show us to be opinionated, degrading to the opposite sex, negative, inconsiderate? Or does it flesh out our moral code in action? I'm going to look at my own page to see...
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) CatherineRose-996317 said: Sorry, I hit Enter too early. Anyway, this man lived nothing like his profile detailed. Even I would have loved to have met the profile-man. But I knew he was very different. This got me to thinking-are we living what we present ourselves to be? Does our real-life FB wall show us to be opinionated, degrading to the opposite sex, negative, inconsiderate? Or does it flesh out our moral code in action? I'm going to look at my own page to see...
You make a good point with most what what is said. I am a little curious though, what you mean by the enigmatic use of the words "negative" and "opinionated"?
Nov 17th 2013 new
typo **of what**
Nov 17th 2013 new
For example, 'I'm almost falling asleep at my desk. Can't wait to get out of this trap.' or ' INSERT POLITICIAN NAME HERE' is leading this country to disaster! Get this jerk out of our government!'

That's what I'm referring to. Does that help?
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) CatherineRose-996317 said: For example, 'I'm almost falling asleep at my desk. Can't wait to get out of this trap.' or ' INSERT POLITICIAN NAME HERE' is leading this country to disaster! Get this jerk out of our government!'

oh my word............all my life long friends know me totally on FB..........my daughter's wedding got me started .............I am convinced that people here at CM may not be COMPLETELY honest..........the forum may be more honest tho'
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) CatherineRose-996317 said: For example, 'I'm almost falling asleep at my desk. Can't wait to get out of this trap.' or ' INSERT POLITICIAN NAME HERE' is leading this country to disaster! Get this jerk out of our government!'

Interesting. So I guess that would apply to people criticizing obama?
Nov 17th 2013 new
I am the same on FB as I am here. biggrin
Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Interesting. So I guess that would apply to people criticizing obama?
Thanks for bringing up a pet peeve of mine. Christian charity does not apply only to those we like or agree with, Obama is an easy target (I've taken my shots, too), but that doesn't mean attacking him (as opposed to intellectual opposition to his policies) is right.

I don't think the Lord looks at all kindly on a great deal of the polemics that are put forth by those who are supporting the moral positions. I also think that if we collectively would recognize and admit to this and make an effort to change that we would see much more Divine assistance in this spiritual warfare.

Finally, statements like "Obama is leading the country to disaster" may resonate well with the choir, but the do little to convert those who support him -- and may be worse than saying nothing, as they chip away at our credibility.

Nov 17th 2013 new
(quote) Rosemarie-58633 said: I am the same on FB as I am here.
I can vouch for this! Rosemarie is a woman of integrity-- here, there, and everywhere I've met her.
Posts 1 - 10 of 62