Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Well I did! and up until a few years ago, while digging deeper into my catholic faith, I had God ever so gently guiding me back to my catholic faith. He opened doors in the most incredible ways for me, and the doors just keep opening. I hope that you find time in your day, to navigate through catholic answers for information that will knock your socks off. You may have questions, a great place to ask an apologist. So what is an apologist for those of you who may have never heard?

AAn apologist requires:

Necessary Knowledge

• Catholic apologetics requires a thorough knowledge of the Bible, as well as familiarity with Church doctrine and the works of key Catholic theologians. Catholic apologetics have been carefully outlined and explicated with an eye to prevent inaccurate or unauthorized ideas about the church. One of the goals of apologetics is to clear up popular misunderstandings about the church; and the church actually sponsors formal instruction in Catholic apologetics.

Apostles as Apologists

• The first recorded apologists for Christianity were Peter and Paul. In one New Testament account. Paul is translated to have said, "Brethren and fathers, hear my defense which I now offer to you," as he stood before a court in Jerusalem (Acts 22:1). In his letter to the church in Phillipi, Paul said he would "make a defense of the Gospel." In Peter's first epistle, he says, "Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence" (1 Peter 3:15). In each of these instances, the original text in Greek used the word "apologia" for defense.

Influential Apologists

• Listed among the most influential Catholic apologists, after the Apostles, are Justin Martyr, Augustine of Hippo, Thomas Aquinas, Frances de Sales, Blaise Pascal, John Henry Newman and G. K. Chesterton. Justin Martyr was a converted 2nd-century pagan who defended the faith to Romans. Augustine was an African bishop who wrote the masterpiece "The City of God." Aquinas was a 13th-century doctor who debated extensively with Muslims. Frances de Sales was a 16th-century French bishop who publicly debated the emerging Protestants. Pascal was a 17th-century French scientist and writer who wrote eloquently of his own conversion. Newman was a 19th-century Anglican who converted to Catholicism. Chesterton was a prolific author in the late-19th and early-20th century.

Incredible talks shows, videos and information, please visit:

Nov 18th 2013 new
today's mass readings were pretty direct on this subject.
Posts 1 - 2 of 2