Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I am NOT pointing fingers, but I have been running into an array of qustions, the answers to which are preset and limited, leading, of course, to inaccurate if not totally unjust, results.

I am human, and like everyone else, am complex and sometimes inconsietent. If someone want to "test" my personality, or faith, or qualities, or anything else, AND they want an honest answer, I would suggest that the boundaries be enlarged.

My comment, I realize, is a bit on the oblique side, but I'm curious if anyone else has felt that they were unable to express their true responses, and therefore felt completely misunderstood. Any lawyer - in fact, anyone who ever watched a court drama - knows that "leading the witness" is grounds for objection, often vehement.
Nov 18th 2013 new
Could you give an example? Are you talking about the 7/7 Questions,or ones that some men are asking you in private?
Nov 18th 2013 new
(quote) Maura-1030942 said: I am NOT pointing fingers, but I have been running into an array of qustions, the answers to which are preset and limited, leading, of course, to inaccurate if not totally unjust, results.

I am human, and like everyone else, am complex and sometimes inconsietent. If someone want to "test" my personality, or faith, or qualities, or anything else, AND they want an honest answer, I would suggest that the boundaries be enlarged.

My comment, I realize, is a bit on the oblique side, but I'm curious if anyone else has felt that they were unable to express their true responses, and therefore felt completely misunderstood. Any lawyer - in fact, anyone who ever watched a court drama - knows that "leading the witness" is grounds for objection, often vehement.
Welcome to the forums Maura - where you can ask the questions you want answered - and leave them as open ended as you would like. But I think that you will find that many of the "standaradized" questionnaires here on CM are designed to offer standardized answers in order to run them through standardized algorithms for results.
I am not aware of any of them being mandatory that they be filled out here on CM - though I may be mistaken. They are tools - that some find useful, some find annoying, and some just completely ignore from what i have seen.

There are many aspects of the site that some members of CM disagree with, while others enjoy - much like anything in real life I would imagine - a common or even close consensus I would imagine is almost impossible - and as such is always a topic of discussion here on CM as to what works and what does not.

Think of it like a kitchen drawer - there are some tools that have probably been in the back of the drawer that you never use - some that you use all the time. While one might use a butter knife to butter some bread - I am more likely to use it to tighten a flat head screw that is loose if I can not find a screw driver. The tools available here are used in many different ways by many of the members from what i have seen.
Nov 18th 2013 new
If the questions are part of someone's profile, and you feel the need to explain your answers, just write to the person and say what's on your mind. Many years ago, I posted my infamous Quiz for Single Catholic Women on Internet and then posted a link to it on AOL. A lady who did not get all the questions right thought that I was crazy, but she wrote to me anyway to let me know how crazy I am and discovered that I wasn't quite a Neanderthal and was worth some of her time-- and we continued to write back and forth. We're still great friends even though she later married someone else. If you feel boxed in, just say so politely; you never know what might come of it.
Nov 19th 2013 new
Maura, I have been there. I've had a moment of feeling cornered and the feeling that no amount of time or words I could say is going to be good enough. It's like money in the bank, if you have it with someone you don't have to say a word. If you do not have money in the bank with the person then all you say will not be sufficient.
Nov 19th 2013 new
Hi Barbara -

I find it fascinating that you, of the 4 people who responded quickly, are the only woman, and that you understand exactly what I mean. By the way, I am from the Merrimack Valley - and grew up on the "wrong" side of the river. I'd love to talk to you in person when I'm back in New England - relatively frequently since my husband died.
Nov 21st 2013 new
Hi Maura, There's no wrong side to the tracks in my opinion, bumps in the road can be found everywhere. It's good hearing from a local. Love to hear from you!
Nov 21st 2013 new
Andrew, I like that question of yours when you said just ask......"What's on your mind?" That's a keeper! I'll use it. Thank you.
Nov 21st 2013 new
Is that still available? It sounds interesting.
Nov 21st 2013 new
laughing you..............................a caveman?.............................bless you and hope you getting in the turkey mode
Posts 1 - 10 of 72