Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Really Christian Mingle?

Nov 21st 2013 new
Aside from it being a mostly Protestant site, I just got checked out by a 77 year old.

There is a reason I came here.

I'm praying she has good intentions.
Nov 21st 2013 new
Welcome to the Forums, Tom! wave
Nov 21st 2013 new
(quote) Tom-956451 said: Aside from it being a mostly Protestant site, I just got checked out by a 77 year old.

Perhaps she was checking to see if you might be of interest to her daughter, niece, etc.?

Can anyone provide a rational explanation as to why people are bothered by who views their profile? Or, for that matter, who contacts them for a date? You are always free to decline. If they persist after being declined, that's another story, but one that is usually dealt with very easily by contacting the site admins.

Nov 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Perhaps she was checking to see if you might be of interest to her daughter, niece, etc.?

Can anyone provide a rational explanation as to why people are bothered by who views their profile? Or, for that matter, who contacts them for a date? You are always free to decline. If they persist after being declined, that's another story, but one that is usually dealt with very easily by contacting the site admins.

Actually, I had contemplated adding that very rationale to my post, but chose not to.

Fact is, I'm not bothered by it per say, except for the fact that she is older than my mother by 13 years. But it does make one wonder just what they're doing looking at profiles of folks literally half their age.

Custody of the eyes and all...
Nov 21st 2013 new
Thanks, Angela.
Nov 21st 2013 new
She could have read something you posted in another thread and wanted to know more about you.
She could have clicked on your profile in error.
Not all profile reads are done with romantic interest or intent.
Nov 21st 2013 new
laughing There are days when it seems that NO profile reads are done with romantic interest or intent!!

I wish we could read a person's profile and THEN decide whether to let them know we browsed. That would prevent a lot a "panic attacks", wouldn't it?
Nov 21st 2013 new
Wow, even LESS commitment/communication, then!
Nov 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: There are days when it seems that NO profile reads are done with romantic interest or intent!!
Sometimes, prior research requires the reading of a profile in order to .......................................................................

pull a leg.
Nov 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Tom-956451 said: Aside from it being a mostly Protestant site, I just got checked out by a 77 year old.

Folks--seriously---why are all of you posting in the 'under 45' area? Isn't this for the under 45 year olds? ((really no offense. but it's sorta like hanging out in the underage section of the bar. It may be OK to peek in, but posting all over their space?)) Maybe the system software should be set up a little more restrictive. As in the men's and women's forums--keeping them gender exclusive. I think the 'young one's' should be able to privately discuss how us old folks bug 'em. laughing

And Tom---I have to post now in your 'under 45 site'---cuz I have to admit that I look at all types of profiles, all age ranges, both male and female, simply to see a little about who they are. A simple peek or two, in no way implies that I'm interested in marrying or pursuing someone. ((Sometimes I forget who they are, so I have to relook. Other times they put up new photo's--so I like to look.))

Some day, I may be 90--and if I'm still single, I'd find it humorous if I could give a 45 y.o. man a heart attack by looking at his profile on a singles!! faint
Posts 1 - 10 of 22