Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Agreement with Iran

Nov 23rd 2013 new
Obama is speaking about "Peace in our time" with Iran.
Are you frightened? Not nearly frightened enough.
Nov 23rd 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: Obama is speaking about "Peace in our time" with Iran.
Obama [holding treaty papers]: I hold in my hand this piece of...[wind carries paper off]...crud! mischievous
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: Obama is speaking about "Peace in our time" with Iran.
Those who fail to read and understand history are doomed to repeat it.

74 years ago a bespectacled Prime Minsiter of England said the same thing afterdealing weith a man whose thought processes are similar to the true leaders (they even openly admire Adolf) of Iran.

Poor Neville was a fool. Is their any doubt about the similarity?

Here is a man whose Presidency is falling apart. His signature legislation exposed as a joke even to his most ardent followers. His personal incompetence and those of his appointees paraded before the nation and the world. The prestige of his country in tatters. The largest percentage of hopeless people the nation has ever seen. He makes Jimmy Peanut look like a successful President.

Does anything more need be said?
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Those who fail to read and understand history are doomed to repeat it.

74 years ago a bespectacled Prime Minsiter of England said the same thing afterdealing weith a man whose thought processes are similar to the true leaders (they even openly admire Adolf) of Iran.

Poor Neville was a fool. Is their any doubt about the similarity?

Here is a man whose Presidency is falling apart. His signature legislation exposed as a joke even to his most ardent followers. His personal incompetence and those of his appointees paraded before the nation and the world. The prestige of his country in tatters. The largest percentage of hopeless people the nation has ever seen. He makes Jimmy Peanut look like a successful President.

Does anything more need be said?
Paul, I have a great deal of respect for your opinions but using Chamberlain and the Nazis is not a good analogy. I challenge anyone to come up with an example of Iran invading another country in modern times. Between Israel and Iran, which country has been threatening the other for at least three decades now? Hint: it's not Iran. Their former President Ahmadinejad, according to accurate interpretations, predicted the end of Zionism and did not actually threaten the existence of Israel itself. Crazy yes, stupid, no. Iranian leaders know the first missile sent toward Israel would trigger national suicide. Zionism has nothing to do with Judaism, it's an ultra-nationalist movement. Iran has a Jewish population that refused Netanyahu's money to emigrate to Israel. This new agreement with Iran includes UN inspections with no restrictions. Let's put American interests first, and stop permitting foreign leaders to dictate our foreign policy- no more American soldiers dying fighting unnecessary wars against countries that do not threaten us. Afghanistan the exception to that of course.

Peace.
Nov 24th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Paul, I have a great deal of respect for your opinions but using Chamberlain and the Nazis is not a good analogy. I challenge anyone to come up with an example of Iran invading another country in modern times. Between Israel and Iran, which country has been threatening the other for at least three decades now? Hint: it's not Iran. Their former President Ahmadinejad, according to accurate interpretations, predicted the end of Zionism and did not actually threaten the existence of Israel itself. Crazy yes, stupid, no. Iranian leaders know the first missile sent toward Israel would trigger national suicide. Zionism has nothing to do with Judaism, it's an ultra-nationalist movement. Iran has a Jewish population that refused Netanyahu's money to emigrate to Israel. This new agreement with Iran includes UN inspections with no restrictions. Let's put American interests first, and stop permitting foreign leaders to dictate our foreign policy- no more American soldiers dying fighting unnecessary wars against countries that do not threaten us. Afghanistan the exception to that of course.

Peace.
Peter, I will respectfully disagree.

Iran has threatened Israel ever since the mullahs got rid of the Shah. Iran did directly invade another country. Don't forget their invasion of Iraq.

They have invaded other countries indirectly by funding, supporting and encouraging Muslim Extremists all over the Middle-East and Africa. They were involved in both attacks on the World Trade Center.

I respect your opinions even though I do not understand your extreme anti-Israel stance.

Accepting your stand as one formed honestly and sincerely, why the inconsistency in making Afghanistan an exception? It has never threatened us, could not harm us if it wanted to. If you were consistent, this is the one country that should head your list of places we should not be wasting American lives in. In comparison Saddam in Iraq was funding terrorism and gave a large cash settlement to the families of the 9/11 "martyrs." That was far more of a threat against us than the Afghanies.
Nov 24th 2013 new
Paul, I don't want to get into a long drawn out argument here, but my views are not extreme, nor do I think yours are. Mine are shared by many people including American Jews and are not "anti-Israel" at all. I am no anti-Semite. It seems for some bizarre reason, Americans are more comfortable discussing toilet functions than even the most benign criticism of a certain ME country. We have no hesitation bashing our own country, but heaven forbid that one. Iraq actually attacked Iran on 22 September 1980: en.wikipedia.org Of course I acknowledge Iran's funding of Hezbollah and Hamas- there are no good guys over there. We did not invade Afghanistan itself, but the cancer within- the Taliban who were sheltering al Qaeda. Absolutely justified, while the Iraq war was not.

Respectfully,
Pete
Nov 25th 2013 new
I predict an absolute 0% chance that Iran will meat it's commitments under the new agreement (whatever they are).... They simply want the sanctions reduced or removed while they proceed even closer to having useful nuclear weapons.

Ed
Nov 25th 2013 new
Oops.... "...meet it's commitments", not "meat".

Ed
Nov 26th 2013 new
no 'breath holding' here either
Nov 26th 2013 new
If it works, it's a good thing. No more American lives lost in another unnecessary war.
Posts 1 - 10 of 15