Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Hey everyone, Let's enjoy a Thanksgiving feast together right here on Catholic Match. You can bring your favorite dishes, a musical instrument to play, a story to tell. Please join in, even those of you who are not happy about Thanksgiving.

Nov 26 new
OK, I'll start. I will bring some of my cranberry-pumpkin bread, with the cranberries grown right here in Wisconsin. I add extra orange juice to reduce the amount of oil in the bread. I'll share the recipe, if you like.
Nov 26 new
will sing loudly [if appropriate] and bring 8 layer dip and chips
Nov 26 new
Ooh, Susan -- sounds yummy. What would you like to sing?
Nov 26 new
Turkey! cheese cookie ... and I can't forget, a potica! No holiday in my area is complete without a potica. My mother would make one for every special occasion. A potica is a bread common with a lot of the Slavic people on teh Iron Range... Slovenians, Slovakians, Serbians, Croatians. My mother would roll the dough out very thin, it would take up the whole dining room table. Then she'd pour on several bottles of honey and lots of chopped walnuts for the filling. Yummmmm cloudnine
Nov 26 new
okay nice
Nov 26 new
I'll be bringing some Pumpkin Spice Ale from local brewery Big Boss and some treats from local chocolatier Escarzu. Because nothing says Thanksgiving like beer and chocolate. biggrin
Nov 26 new
pass the chocolate please [it is virtual]
Nov 26 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: I'll be bringing some Pumpkin Spice Ale from local brewery Big Boss and some treats from local chocolatier Escarzu. Because nothing says Thanksgiving like beer and chocolate.
laughing thumbsup
Nov 26 new
I'm big on veggies, son's exceptions notwithstanding. I have a broccoli salad and spinach salad (with raspberries); Rye 'n' Injun Bread (I think a Laura Ingalls Wilder recipe); and homemade stuffing with raisins, something my mother made. No, wait--freshly made; my mother hasn't cooked in over 4 years now. But the Chocolate Coffee Roll Cake I'm saving for my son's birthday, which is Saturday. Big 17!
Boy, I'm virtually tired already, and it's only Tuesday.
Posts 1 - 10 of 78