Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What age?

Nov 26th 2013 new
A simple question for all:

When looking for your significant other does age play a role? Do you look for older, younger or within a given age range?

In my experience I think I look for someone within a 2 year older to 5 year younger range.

How about you?
Nov 26th 2013 new
ten years either way
Nov 26th 2013 new
As close to my age as possible! I feel too mature for anyone much younger and too immature for anyone much older.
Nov 26th 2013 new
I would prefer a guy within five years of my age up or down, but have been known to change my mind a little bit.
Nov 26th 2013 new
Probably the most asked question in the forums of all time. It's a preference. Some like older some like younger I prefer close to my own age.
Nov 26th 2013 new
Every one has their own preference, naturally, so when looking at person of interest's profile, see if they list what age range they're looking for (because I list my preferences). I generally look to men 2-3 years younger and about 6 years older, although I have gone up to 8 years older (no more than that, though).
Nov 26th 2013 new
Age is not as important to me as is shared interests (like Faith) and a similar approach to life. So younger and older are fine with me. But I do want someone who is similarly active, so not much beyond 8 years older.
Nov 26th 2013 new
I usually go about 5 years older and 4 years younger. It sounds narrow, but really that is a 9 year age range. Sometimes I surprise myself and go much higher, though.
Nov 26th 2013 new
As I've grown older, the age range has widened a bit. My preference would be 21-28, although I wouldn't rule out anyone that's 20 or 30 at the most if she was interested. I have a harder time expanding the older age range though. I admit, it seems intimidating because I feel that I've barely started out in my career. And while I feel that... thanks be to God... I'm off to a good start, a woman that's 30 would probably want someone that's been tested in the world for more years than I have.

Granted... that same woman who is 30 right now would probably be within my target age range as I grow older.

At the same time... I've had to eliminate anyone under 20 if not 21 from my age range. No offense... but they just feel immature at least in the sense that they are untested in the world. Their minds are still developing and I don't know how they'll change as they become more exposed to the world. Granted... our minds area always developing... but more so in that time period. And it's hard to gauge someone's true personality when they're still living with mom and dad (for example... is she going to church only to please her parents... or because she really wants to go)?

All that said... let the age range be just a guide. Don't rule out someone right away that's interested in you, just because she's a few years older or younger.
Nov 26th 2013 new
Just a few years younger or older. biggrin
Posts 1 - 10 of 57