Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Helpmate

Nov 27th 2013 new
In Genesis, God said He would create a helper for Adam. This helper theme between the man and woman resonates throughout the Bible. How do you envision your mate will help?
Nov 27th 2013 new
I love this topic!

I love to do like the traditional "woman" duties around the house. But occasionally life does get stressful. So every now and again it would be nice to come home to the dishes done or the laundry folded. Especially when the little ones start coming and there's not much time for the other duties anymore. Then on the flip-side help with things I could probably figure out but don't really want to do. Like change my oil, fix random things- things my dad calls "man stuff". I grew up with a strong male figure in my life and I think that's what God was saying in that passage you provided. I don't mind mixing up the traditional "roles" now and then, but I like the thought of having a partner that will be by my side.

Even in any relationship- dating, friendships etc.
Nov 27th 2013 new
Be a sounding board when needed, give space when needed. protect when the other person is down.
Nov 28th 2013 new

If he's to be a Lone Ranger, she should be Toto .........................................................................................................

When the wizards of life tell him that all is apples, she should detect the serpent ventriloquist behind the curtain. And thus becomes Toto a kemosabe.

Or sump'n like that.

Nov 28th 2013 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said:

If he's to be a Lone Ranger, she should be Toto ..............................................................................................

I think you mean "Tonto"...and that means "stupid" in Spanish...from attonitus in Latin...and technically it'd be "Tonta" for a woman...
Nov 29th 2013 new
Chelsea, In Spanish- speakers countries he was "Toro", because Tonto was considered derogatory.
Nov 29th 2013 new
I knows it. It is funny how the WASP Americans used a derogatory term for the Lone Ranger's right-hand-man.
Nov 29th 2013 new
I think this is the wrong way to look at it.
I think we should concentrate on how we can become a good helpmate.
The key to successful marriage is generosity.
Nov 29th 2013 new
No, signorina, es Toto.
Nov 29th 2013 new
Thanks Marge! wink
Why do so many of these threads have to be so negative. Please keep to the subject. hug

To work like a well oiled machine....ain't that romantic!? faint fluffy
Posts 1 - 10 of 51