Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Is watching AHS a sin?

Nov 29th 2013 new

Why did I even bother asking that question? It obviously is. That's why I chose to use an acronym. I would not wish this on anyone who hasn't already watched it. But last week they may have found my limit.

Pretty sure they weren't on this week with Thanksgiving. So last week our heroine...hmm...I can't even say it. With all the blasphemy and anti Catholic sentiment. Demonic imagery being the least of it. Let's just say they were still able to go to a place beyond that making me feel sick to my stomach.

Because in real life it appears to have become an everyday occurrence. Leaving middle aged conservative single men with nothing but loneliness. While liberals are having their cake and...well...we will leave the pun out of this.

Not really looking for a detailed public forum on the subject. Just wondering why we torture ourselves by watching things that we don't really agree with. And if we stopped watching these things do we even have the power to bring about a premature ending?

Do you believe that together we can restore a center...middle ground...pop culture...that is stomachable...something we don't mind having around?

Or do you think all of these unthinkable things that we see are a message from God meant to turn us around entirely...away...from "what's going on"?

I mean, I had problems watching the Muppets "Holiday" Spectacular even.

Would it have killed them to say "Christmas"? sad

Nov 29th 2013 new
What do you have against the American Horticultural Society? Just kidding, I don't have cable TV so I googled the initials and saw enough to stop before I lost my lunch. Do what I do~ I have Verizon service for internet and phone but not TV. I have rabbit ears for my TV and can pick up local news and the occasional football game. Living in a free society has it's downside, but you don't want the alternative.
Nov 29th 2013 new
Sorry for my lack of manners, Eric~ welcome to the forums!
Nov 29th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said:

Why did I even bother asking that question? It obviously is. That's why I chose to use an acronym. I would not wish this on anyone who hasn't already watched it. But last week they may have found my limit.

Pretty sure they weren't on this week with Thanksgiving. So last week our heroine...hmm...I can't even say it. With all the blasphemy and anti Catholic sentiment. Demonic imagery being the least of it. Let's just say they were still able to go to a place beyond that making me feel sick to my stomach.

Because in real life it appears to have become an everyday occurrence. Leaving middle aged conservative single men with nothing but loneliness. While liberals are having their cake and...well...we will leave the pun out of this.

Not really looking for a detailed public forum on the subject. Just wondering why we torture ourselves by watching things that we don't really agree with. And if we stopped watching these things do we even have the power to bring about a premature ending?

Do you believe that together we can restore a center...middle ground...pop culture...that is stomachable...something we don't mind having around?

Or do you think all of these unthinkable things that we see are a message from God meant to turn us around entirely...away...from "what's going on"?

I mean, I had problems watching the Muppets "Holiday" Spectacular even.

Would it have killed them to say "Christmas"?

There are three simple questions that should help most people who are being honest with themself make a reasonable decision most of the time:

Q1: How does this show bring you closer to God?

Q2: Would you sit down with Jesus and Mary and watch it?

Q3: How would you explain to them why you are watching it?

Nov 29th 2013 new
Well there goes my woodworking videos!
Nov 29th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Living in a free society has it's downside, but you don't want the alternative. 
I don't view this as a "free society".

Liberty is the ability to do what is right. E.g., vote, speak our minds, worship God, etc.
License is the ability to do what is wrong. Think "license to kill", licentiousness, etc.

What we are devolving into is a licentious society.
Nov 29th 2013 new
Thank you Peter. And thanks for having a sense of humor. Something I thought may be lacking in a Catholic community. But now perhaps I have another regret. That of not coming back sooner.

So far I like it here. biggrin
Nov 29th 2013 new
On one hand a cliched answer. On the other something we need to hear more often. So we don't feel it is some sort of weakness to turn away from what everyone else seems to be doing. In the end that would be strength. Something to be proud of.

Still trying to wrap my arms around the concept of "pride" being sinful. rolling eyes
Nov 29th 2013 new
I enjoy fishing shows myself. wink

Just can't seem to find them anymore. scratchchin
Nov 29th 2013 new
Jack. I guess we should respond with a name here. There doesn't appear to be a link to the comment. My head still hurts from the work I did elsewhere. I will just let you know that I know what you mean by citing an example.

Maybe like medical...not sure I can say that here...you know...silly cigarettes...by prescription only.

I sometimes feel like it needs to be legal for everyone. Because from what I'm seeing. Sitting down with the peace pipe might be the only way to bring our women back to Jesus.

Ownership not implied or intended. fluffy
Posts 1 - 10 of 65