Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Do you often ponder questions in any academic discipline? If so, what questions in which discipline?

If you contemplate practical problems, your chatter about whatever matter is welcome unless it'll make us sadder or madder.

Worried that tomorrow is Sadderday,

John

Nov 29th 2013 new
ashamed I don't want to think that hard any more.
Nov 29th 2013 new
I like to think that I am a philosopher, to the point that philosophy colors everything else I consider.
Nov 29th 2013 new
as a new manager, [not all that willing, but enthusiastic
some of the time boggled] how may ways can I compromise?
Nov 29th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I don't want to think that hard any more.
Just don't drop thinking hard drop by drop and opt for drinking hard nonstop nonstop. cool
Nov 29th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I like to think that I am a philosopher, to the point that philosophy colors everything else I consider.
I'd think that your habit of bringing philosophy to all considerations is preventative medicine in relation to boredom. If my comment induces you to start philosophizing about boredom, I wonder whether you will eventually conclude that boredom is really interesting? scratchchin
Nov 29th 2013 new
I sometimes sit wondering how many shades of green there are
Nov 29th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: as a new manager, [not all that willing, but enthusiastic
some of the time ] how may ways can I compromise?
You seem to be saying that being a manager has put you in a compromising position. scratchchin
Nov 29th 2013 new
(quote) John-184825 said: I'd think that your habit of bringing philosophy to all considerations is preventative medicine in relation to boredom. If my comment induces you to start philosophizing about boredom, I wonder whether you will eventually conclude that boredom is really interesting?
I really don't know much about boredom. I honestly can say that I haven't been bored in decades. Sometimes I don't feel like doing much of anything, but that isn't boredom. Even a drive through the desert can be interesting for me. It's just a matter of knowing where to findf things of interest.
Nov 29th 2013 new
I often wonder what to make for dinner, but it is not a subject I enjoy pondering.
Posts 1 - 10 of 81