Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

then saw them welt up? this happened to me yesterday. my friend from work and I were talking about our Thanksgiving which turned into family talk. somehow the discussion turned toward my ex and our failed marriage.
I told her what happened the night before I left him with my baby in my arms. No one in the workplace knows my story and very few friends know it. One time I went to Search in the church and told it there. Everyone was crying even my very best male friend. It was not my intentions to make them cry. I lived through it to 'witness' to others about my life. have any of you gone through similar situations?
Dec 4th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: then saw them welt up? this happened to me yesterday. my friend from work and I were talking about our Thanksgiving which turned into family talk. somehow the discussion turned toward my ex and our failed marriage.
I told her what happened the night before I left him with my baby in my arms. No one in the workplace knows my story and very few friends know it. One time I went to Search in the church and told it there. Everyone was crying even my very best male friend. It was not my intentions to make them cry. I lived through it to 'witness' to others about my life. have any of you gone through similar situations?

I have Connie. And most of my life has been wonderful (have to thank God for this) But the last 6 years and part of my divorced life....there were tough times...and the "real" friends not only were willing to listen....but did cry as well. (IMHO...you find out who your real friends are...because they stick with you through thick and thin)

And I certainly know I'm not unique. After hearing some of the "tear jerker" stories in Divorce Recovery.... and some of the hardships suffered here on Catholic Match....I know there are many who have had...and continue to have "heavy" crosses to bear~

But on a positive note....I have friends here on CM who look at the past as a "chapter" in our lives....but do not dwell on it...and are constantly looking in a forward direction.

Certainly Faith plays a significant role in our overall outlook (IMO)

Dec 4th 2013 new
When I share my life story, people just hold me. The telling frees me and lets me be joyful. Sometimes we cry together but usually end up laughing because the hardest parts are over and didn't kill my soul or my happiness. My story starts when I was very young and has hit after hit, but I'm here, I'm smiling, I know God's love and joy daily.
Dec 4th 2013 new
I am an open person, so if someone asks, I tell them. I have a few friends who lived through the divorce with me. They have seen me at my worst and are amazed at how much I have grown since my divorce. One friend even said she liked me better now. It is a hard process, even if it is "amicable"!
Dec 4th 2013 new
(quote) Rosemary-1024996 said: I am an open person, so if someone asks, I tell them. I have a few friends who lived through the divorce with me. They have seen me at my worst and are amazed at how much I have grown since my divorce. One friend even said she liked me better now. It is a hard process, even if it is "amicable"!
I came down with a virus Monday night so didn't go in yesterday.
I was worried about how Giselle would treat me but as Jerry said in his post, she didn't treat me any different from any other day. I have found a true friend in her. she isn't judging me either for some past actions which is rather uplifting.
Dec 26th 2013 new
Yes, I've shared my story. Most say, Why did you stay married so long? Telling it is cleansing and freeing.

I would like to suggest a Beginning Experience weekend retreat as a way to lay down some of the grief from the loss of a marriage. It brought me alot of forgivness snd closure.
Dec 27th 2013 new
This retreat called Beginning Experience, can someone ( John) tell me more about it>?
Thank you.
Dec 27th 2013 new
In my diocese, Sioux City Iowa, the Diocese helps put it on though it is not strictly Catholic. It was for both divorced and widowed. The one I attended was a weekend program. Some Diocese such as Omaha, NE also have a weekly program.

The one I did was a witness type program. Those who have experienced the loss and have gone through the BE program and then done some additional training put on the program. Those attending are also then encouraged to open up and discuss their experience but are not required or forced to participate.

It is basically an opportunity to see and know others have gone through the same type of losses and survived and offer support, encouragement and suggestions on how to cope.

I would suggest calling your Diocese's office to see if they have a program or are aware of one in the Diocese and if that doesn't work to google it.
Dec 28th 2013 new
I have told my story in counseling many times. However, my friends that were there know it. I no longer choose to dwell on it as my divorce probably put War of the Roses to shame. It is something that God carried me through in order to allow me to be who I am today. I believe the annulment proceedings also had a great deal to do with my healing. And to put in context, I knew that I would need help in healing when even the interviewer was shocked by some of what she heard.
Dec 28th 2013 new
(quote) Heather-952233 said: I have told my story in counseling many times. However, my friends that were there know it. I no longer choose to dwell on it as my divorce probably put War of the Roses to shame. It is something that God carried me through in order to allow me to be who I am today. I believe the annulment proceedings also had a great deal to do with my healing. And to put in context, I knew that I would need help in healing when even the interviewer was shocked by some of what she heard.
Heather,
Welcome to the forums
Your reference to the War of the Roses got me thinking. I remember when that came out. Some friends were talking about it. I made sure to put that on my do not see list. It might have given my wife some hints on things to do.
Posts 1 - 10 of 16