Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

This takes the cake!

Dec 6th 2013 new

A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.

The order from administrative law judge Robert N. Spencer said Masterpiece Cakeshop in suburban Denver discriminated against a couple "because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage."

The order says the cake-maker must "cease and desist from discriminating" against gay couples. Although the judge did not impose fines in this case, the business will face penalties if it continues to turn away gay couples who want to buy cakes.

Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) David-562122 said:

A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.

The order from administrative law judge Robert N. Spencer said Masterpiece Cakeshop in suburban Denver discriminated against a couple "because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage."

The order says the cake-maker must "cease and desist from discriminating" against gay couples. Although the judge did not impose fines in this case, the business will face penalties if it continues to turn away gay couples who want to buy cakes.

Well, he can always close the business, which is what the Gay lobby will try to force him to do by making a beeline to his shop to force him into confrontation.

Or you can always overbake the cake, though I don't know if the passive aggressive approach will win you a crown in heaven.
Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) David-562122 said:

Well, he can always close the business, which is what the Gay lobby will try to force him to do by making a beeline to his shop to force him into confrontation.

Or you can always overbake the cake, though I don't know if the passive aggressive approach will win you a crown in heaven.
Dec 6th 2013 new
So sad on so many levels. The country founded on religious freedom is now becoming a country very hostile to Christians. I pray for these and all businesses as I believe it is the start of severe discrimination against Christians. We now have the supreme court deciding what is moral or immoral and we must pray (especially to Our Lady Patroness of the Americas ) as soon I fear the United States will become like Nazi Germany. With abortion on demand for forty years we are probably worse than Nazi Germany Jesus have mercy on the whole world.
Dec 7th 2013 new

Can you imagine being a teacher? You'll have read Johnny loves Joey to 1st graders or else.

Dec 7th 2013 new
* to read
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: Well, he can always close the business, which is what the Gay lobby will try to force him to do by making a beeline to his shop to force him into confrontation.

I can tell you of at least one gay couple who are not part of a "lobby." I worked with one of them for many years and she helped me get through a rough patch back when I was still working. She has many straight friends including me, and we have discussed the marriage issue a few times. We agree to disagree. She jokes that I am her token conservative friend. Her lifestyle is not a choice, as some Christian fundamentalists still believe. She once told me that she could go for me if she was straight eyepopping but that it wasn't a choice for her anymore than it is for you or me. Although she and her partner would like to be "married," She would never trample on someone's beliefs to achieve that goal. She believes in "live and let live," and could never hurt anyone in that way. No group of people, Christians, Jews, gays, or us "straights" march in lockstep or have an identical agenda. Heck, if I represented all Catholics, we'd all be in trouble!
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Her lifestyle is not a choice, as some Christian fundamentalists still believe.
I hope I am not misunderstanding you....she may be attracted to women, but she can choose whether to be sexually active or not. Those of us who are not married have to abstain, it ain't easy, but that's the way it is.
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: Well, he can always close the business, which is what the Gay lobby will try to force him to do by making a beeline to his shop to force him into confrontation.

The Masterpiece Cakeshop must be the only bakery in that tiny village of Denver. rolling eyes
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: I hope I am not misunderstanding you....she may be attracted to women, but she can choose whether to be sexually active or not. Those of us who are not married have to abstain, it ain't easy, but that's the way it is.
Tom, you and I are practicing Catholics, she is not. That's not the choice I was referring to.
Posts 1 - 10 of 92