Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

grieving for Mr. M

Dec 7th 2013 new
I lived in south africa for almost 5 years so am grieving over here.
Dec 7th 2013 new
Mandela attained a bigger than life status even over here. Bringing equality to all of the people of South Africa was an astounding achievement. The Truth and Reconciliation Commission I believe was unprecedented, although I could be wrong. He was also outspoken about injustices in other areas of the world, particularly the invisible apartheid that oppresses the Palestinian people. He leaves behind a magnificent legacy.
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: I lived in south africa for almost 5 years so am grieving over here.

What a wonderful experience to have lived in South Africa. Mandella is truly an

inspiration.

Dec 8th 2013 new
yes........unlike those who got awards for doing nothing.....he and Desmond Tutu are my heros
Dec 8th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: yes........unlike those who got awards for doing nothing.....he and Desmond Tutu are my heros
Mine too, Susan. theheart
Dec 8th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

What a wonderful experience to have lived in South Africa. Mandella is truly an

inspiration.

This post isn't directed to any one individual. I am just asking for a little balance in general, please. Mandela was no Martin Luther King.

Mandela may have fought one injustice, but he did so with terrorism. His terror campaigns did not go after instruments of oppression, but soft civilian targets and resulted in the indiscriminate murder and mutilation of many, including women and children. He was not imprisoned for political reasons, but because he was involved in murder.

While in power, Mandela helped institute other injustices, such as abortion on demand and homosexual marriage.

Mandela expressed support for Cuba's Castro, Libya's Gaddafi, and the PLO.

Mandela sings song wherein he pledges to murder whites
www.youtube.com

Jakob Zuma, current President, sings "Kill the Boer" (2012)
www.youtube.com

Longer clip, that shows many such songs and crowds (Mandela; analysis)
www.youtube.com

His wife at the time, Winnie, was infamous for advocating the murder of opponents with burning "necklaces" of fuel-soaked tires.

The simplistic view of Mandela as saintly and wise grandfather has been concocted by a liberal western media eager to make a hero out of someone (anyone) on the left. They are simply too lazy or too corrupt to tell the more complex truth.

South Africa in the Shadows
www.frontpagemag.com

The sad reality is that South Africa is transforming into a third-world hellhole, starting with Mandela and continuing with subsequent communist leaders. Communism uses perceived injustices as a path to power, but once they obtain power, the injustices somehow continue (surprise, surprise). This is to be expected as the individual becomes a pawn of the state.

South African Communist Party confirms Nelson Mandela was a member (he served on the Central Committee)
www.bdlive.co.za

In case anyone was wondering, the Catholic Church has condemned the principles and methods of communism.

In 2004, the U.S. Council of Catholic Bishops adopted a policy on the matter. "The Catholic community and Catholic institutions should not honor those who act in defiance of our fundamental moral principles. They should not be given awards, honors or platforms which would suggest support for their actions," it said.
old.usccb.org

Just sayin' . . .
Dec 8th 2013 new
I wasn't totally aware of all the horrors but still know he was a good man
Dec 8th 2013 new
I have to admit I was never interested enough in South Africa to know much about it's more recent history, although I did read Michener's "The Covenant." It seems those we elevate to near god-like status often have feet of clay. What replaced apartheid is better from a human rights perspective, but it still has a long way to go. Heck, we can't even make our system work. It would be interesting to read about this in history books 50 years from now.
Dec 9th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: It seems those we elevate to near god-like status often have feet of clay. What replaced apartheid is better from a human rights perspective, but it still has a long way to go.
>> It seems those we elevate to near god-like status often have feet of clay.

I'm pretty sure that being a mass murderer and Communist terrorist does not qualify as a personal peccadillo.

>> What replaced apartheid is better from a human rights perspective, but it still has a long way to go.

Being a white in South Africa is becoming untenable. Communists, unable to deliver on their nonsensical economic promises, increasingly look to scapegoat any groups that might have money. Whites that haven't abandoned the country are being prohibited from many jobs including those in management, or from holding shares in a company.

White/Afrikaner farmers are being murdered at an alarming rate (4x the rate for all of SA, after SA abolished self-defense groups and confiscated guns). Blacks are widely encouraged to kill farmers and take their land. Many of these are small-acreage farms run by elderly farmers or small families.

White teen girls are being kidnapped and sold into sex-slavery. SA has no laws prohibiting human trafficking.

When speaking English to Western (i.e., liberal) reporters, party officials (including Mandela when he ran things) talk about the difficulties of democracy and the non-cooperation of some racist whites. In native dialect, they speak of the dehumanization and murder of all whites, without distinction.

Genocide Watch has placed South Africa at Stage 6 - Preparation; the last step before Mass Exterminations.
www.genocidewatch.org

This is based on some groups (including the ANC, the SACP, the EFF, current political leadership, etc.) already targeting whites, explicitly calling for their deaths. Indeed, there are already groups of disaffected blacks torturing and killing whites in the most brutal ways. Given developments being reported by GW, it is quite evident that elements of "revolutionary" SA are preparing their followers for mass genocide.

This doesn't sound "better" to me.
Dec 9th 2013 new
Praying it just so complicated Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 17