Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I Came across this Blog/Article....I thought it was a most interesting read to share.....

www.blogwrath.com

Dec 8th 2013 new
(quote) Damien-722411 said:

I Came across this Blog/Article....I thought it was a most interesting read to share.....

http://www.blogwrath.com/tag/nambla/

I don't like this at all. Couldn't you at east find something adorable to post. This is a season to be REJOICE. i am staying in the Fun and Entertainment room until after the Holidays.
Dec 8th 2013 new

My brother said something once that has stuck with me over the years. He said to think of your brain as a computer hard drive with a finite amount of memory. Do you want to clutter that precious memory with negative information leaving less space for the good? We of course have an unlimited amount of storage space in our gourds, but I think for our own mental well being it's better not to do what evil people want us to do- notice them. The antics of Hollywood's spoiled brats gets a lot of media attention because the public demands it. Evil exists because there's a market for it. We can best fight the bad stuff by pushing it aside with good. Fill the pews and crowd out the devil.
Dec 8th 2013 new

Dear Elizabeth

I put this up Blog/Article because Evil never sleeps so the Good must not either

to fight Evil the Good must know what kind of Evil there Fighting.

As Catholic`s we must wear the armor of GOD at all times.....St. Michael pray for us....

Elizabeth I wish you Blessed Christmas theheart

Dec 8th 2013 new

From reading this quote in particular, the "cake-taking" in another thread came to mind. They may not be think of themselves as "the Gay lobby," but likely do think of themselves as part of this "natural aristocracy."

There will be no compromises. We are not middle-class weaklings. Highly intelligent, we are the natural aristocrats of the human race, and steely-minded aristocrats never settle for less. Those who oppose us will be exiled.

Dec 8th 2013 new

I have been involved with homosexuals and lesbians for a good part of my life. Even

though I have had gay men friends, their gay friends have been extreme women haters.

And the lesbians I have known are angry, hateful people. I only know one gay woman

who is very sweet, yet stands up for the gay movement wholeheartedly. Gay men can

be very belligerent, so society definitely has to keep them on the radar.

Dec 8th 2013 new

Thanks, Damien.
Wake up America.....Chilling.
Dec 9th 2013 new
The first gay "marriages" in Australia were on the weekend just gone and TV stations were applauding the violation of God's natural law with great enthusiasmashamed . I think that we are going to be in for some chastisement if Our Lady was talking about human immorality in 1917 at Fatima. The "developments" in morality have been astonishing to say the least.
Dec 9th 2013 new
Couldn't bring myself to read the whole article, Damien. It is chilling and quite depressing but we need to be alert to this. Sadly, the wider world doesn't see anything wrong with being Gay, especially in this town!

We have one traditional, faithful priest in town who speaks out. He comes in for a lot of criticism in the local press. Please take a moment to check out his blog & by all means send him a message of encouragement! Best wishes.

marymagdalen.blogspot.co.uk
Dec 13th 2013 new
It makes me saddened to see inflammatory, defammatory rhetoric of any kind in this community environment that encourages prejudice born of fear and others have mirrored this sentiment in other forums. Our Holy Father encourages us to be loving and accepting of all God's children. Why must some part of the human race demonize one race or group or another? What good comes of castigating someone else as a lesser being? There are far greater minds than mine to address this philosophical and psychological question however, what I feel compelled to ask is why all the fear mongering and why bring it here? To what end?

Does it help anyone grow in love, understanding and acceptance of our human family? Empathy for those who don't 'fit in' might be a more faith filled option. Medicine has recognized for a long time that gender is not clear in some albeit a small percentage of the population. Should we reject and thereby abuse these children? People do not choose their gender preferences. Many suffer great emotional pains of rejection and many die or are killed because of a characteristic they did not ask for. The same could be said for the color of one's skin or the ethnic group we are born into.

Once we get into lumping any group of people into a "them" it is easier to hate. I recall during the Viet Nam war and no, I won't minimize that by calling it a 'conflict,' that the Viet Namese soldiers were dehumanized by being referred to by a derogatory name which I won't repeat.. for the reason that it made it easier to kill an "it" and not another human being. Perhaps... it is not gender attraction that is the 'evil' here but rather the hate that gets directed at any Child of God. Seek first to understand is a kinder, gentler and more Christian approach is it not?
Posts 1 - 10 of 92