Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Please pray for more catholic missionaries to arrive in south america.....there seems to be quite a few other missionaries taking catholics away from their religion over there...I know this because I am meeting them here in Texas.....where they belong to a lot of the methodist, baptist and episcapalean churches....lutheran too...
Dec 10th 2013 new
(quote) Shelly-1038431 said: Please pray for more catholic missionaries to arrive in south america.....there seems to be quite a few other missionaries taking catholics away from their religion over there...I know this because I am meeting them here in Texas.....where they belong to a lot of the methodist, baptist and episcapalean churches....lutheran too...
Somebody said that the Church opted for the poor, and the poor opted for the evangelicals. The Catholic Church in Latin America too often has been the domain of the aristocracy, as opposed to the more broad-based Church in the United States, Poland and other countries. I don't think that aspect of the Church in Latin America ever has changed very much. Liberation theology seems to glorify poverty. So, it, too, seems to be another ploy to keep people in their place.
Dec 10th 2013 new
(quote) Shelly-1038431 said: Please pray for more catholic missionaries to arrive in south america.....there seems to be quite a few other missionaries taking catholics away from their religion over there...I know this because I am meeting them here in Texas.....where they belong to a lot of the methodist, baptist and episcapalean churches....lutheran too...
I understand some South American Catholic Churches are fighting fire with fire and competing with the crazy holy rollers- dancing and waving their hands in the air, etc.
Dec 10th 2013 new
I know it's 23 years ago now since I lived in Peru but I guess that wasn't
my experience then. A friend was in the north with the scarborough missions
but was brought back to canada suddenly due to regular assassinations
of missionaries then [which is another story].
Dec 10th 2013 new
One would think that Church leaders in Latin America would be more concerned about the huge exodus out of the Church. No doubt some are, but countries like Guatemala have become 50% non-Catholic within the last 50 years or so with barely a peep out of the hierarchy. While the Jesuits were leading guerrilla wars against national governments, Catholic were leaving the Church in droves.
Dec 12th 2013 new
Wow....yes South America does have people leaving the church....loads of missionaries over there....converting everybody...there are a lot of rich cults....who can afford to send their followers over there to convert.....
Posts 1 - 6 of 6