Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

When I decided to take the plunge and enter the dating world a year and a half ago I had no idea how much things had changed since my late 20's to early 30's. I was on several senior dating web pages and had so-so experiences. I met several very nice women but not The One. I also encountered to my shock, a very large number of women wanting sex very early on. When I say early I'm referring to 2 to 3 dates. Gee, what ever happened to courting? I shrugged it off in part due to where I live, just 11 miles from Washington, DC. This is a very fast paced, do it now, in more ways than one, area.

At the suggestion of my Methodist Mother (I'm a convert) I went on line and found this page. I'm obviously doing something wrong here as it seems the vast majority of women interested in me live 1/2 a world away. As far as local women go I have tried long notes, short notes and about everything in between.What really surprised me about CM are the number of local women that don't even to bother to answer an email even if they aren't interested. To me this is just plain rude. Maybe I'm the exception but I answer every note regardless.I admit I'm very picky and there's no doubt women are also but I don't seem to see many success stories on this page. Just the same people month after month. I am curious ladies, how often do you answer a note from men here? If you don't why not. Enlighten me.

Dec 9th 2013 new
For me, personally, If men do WRITE a notenot just "VIEW", I answer every onebut then again, we might never have "crossed paths". There are very many people here!!!
How do you do, Michael? WELCOME to CM. Please do join some of the discussions here? Some are silly, others almost "combative"just kiddingummmm, some are serious intellectual debatesand some just hum drum to pass the time in pleasant company.

Hello!

Dec 9th 2013 new
hi Michael.......................I too respond but not to 'view only' or if they are 20 years
older than me which is usual.

look around................the forum is fun! xmastree
Dec 9th 2013 new
I've been on CM since late spring I've just never used the forum before. Thank you!
Dec 9th 2013 new
Welcome. wave

Your experiences are pretty much how it goes for most of us.

So...it's not you. It's...well, I have no idea what it is! boggled

In general:
- many people here are gun-shy
- many people here aren't serious about finding someone
- many people here are hung up on "rules" (that don't exist) as to who contacts whom first, how far they're willing to drive, how tall/heavy the other party is

Just keep:
- contacting people who interest you
- responding to people who contact you
- an open mind
- low expectations

And don't anything personally! Have fun! party
Dec 9th 2013 new
Hi Michael,

Although I am fairly new to this site, I have been on other sites and I know what you mean! When I decided to reenter the dating world I had no idea what to expect. A pick up certainly wasn't one of them! I admit to feeling intimidated on this site. I have only had a couple of dates since I was married at 18, (I have been divorced for 10 years) and I am finding online dating very intimidating. I have been thinking lately that perhaps on-line dating is not my thing. Good luck to you in your search!
Dec 9th 2013 new
You probably aren't doing anything wrong. Think of this as a big net you're casting. It will be full of old boots, bottles, cans, floatsam, and jetsam, but somewhere in the net might be someone who will make all the rest worthwhile. The other stuff will test your patience, to be sure, but you won't know if you don't try. And as others have said, keep your expectations low and you won't be as disappointed.
Dec 10th 2013 new
"Old boots, flotsam and jetsam"... love it. Gives the term 'recycling' a whole new meaning too. Thanks for the post. I think just coming here, having fun and being part of the 'stuff in the net' without any grand expectations is an excellent point...we're not in charge here anyway ;-) Mary
Dec 10th 2013 new
Man, I hope I qualify as flotsam and not as jetsam. wide eyed Praying
Dec 11th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: You probably aren't doing anything wrong. Think of this as a big net you're casting. It will be full of old boots, bottles, cans, floatsam, and jetsam, but somewhere in the net might be someone who will make all the rest worthwhile. The other stuff will test your patience, to be sure, but you won't know if you don't try. And as others have said, keep your expectations low and you won't be as disappointed.
Andrew that is awesome laughing wave crossfingers scratchchin rolling eyes however, prefer to be that worthwhile lost treasure someday shhh wink heart crossfingers hug
Posts 1 - 10 of 17