Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Here you are, reading about a CM event.

If the money to travel to it were not a problem for you, please share what it is that would make you attend. Is it:

--the activities planned

--the time of year or the location

--the people who expressed an interest in attending

--???

And what is it that you would consider UNappealing and would therefore not attend?

Dec 09 new
-wouldn't attend with all females

-would prefer stuff to explore and study plus Mass and church events

-dining is fine but no dancing or partying
Dec 09 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said:

If the money to travel to it were not a problem for you, please share what it is that would make you attend. Is it:

--the activities planned

--???

And what is it that you would consider UNappealing and would therefore not attend?

I'll go first! laughing tongue laughing

When I'm deciding whether to attend a CM event I look at location and activities. I like to visit places that I've not been to before and challenge myself in doing things that I have not done. I also enjoy meeting new people. I attended the CM Rocky Mt. event a couple years ago because I had never been rafting or done much hiking. I attended CM Arizona because I had never been to Arizona and wanted to visit Phoenix and Sedona.

I've met some amazing people at these events and always have a nice time. I often do not know anyone before the event, but things have always been great and I've been blessed to make some new friends at the events I've attended.

as for what would be unappealing?? I'm a control freak wink so I like things to be well planned and organized.
that's all I got!

I would encourage anyone to attend an event. Come out from behind your computer and make some new friends! You won't regret it!
Dec 09 new
for me..i would say;

a. activities planned... &
b. time of yr and location.

I don't see the third factor being much of a concern. If i'm attending a CM event,, it's an opportunity to meet other like minded Catholics and build friendships/ relationships..whether male or female.
Praying wink
Dec 09 new
I would attend a CM event if we had another on Mackinac Island, MI. Hmm...perhaps I should plan one?

The time of year and location would be factors for me. I'd probably avoid going anywhere south of the 45th parallel during the summer months. Also, I wouldn't go to anything during the winter as I cannot be certain that conditions would be suitable for traveling. I love my snow, but I save the white-knuckle drives for work and Mass.
Dec 09 new
I just wish one was close enough on a weekend I could make it!
Dec 09 new
With money not a problem? hmmmmWell, then,

Only consideration for me would be time of year: mid Spring through Summer to Fall are awesome!

Dec 09 new
I've attended about 6-7 CM events. They were all planned in the Chicago area during the summer (or just before/after summer), so for me, it's location and time of year (as a teacher, summer is more open to schedule things).

I also brought 2-3 of my kids to all but one of the events, which was another reason for me to considering attending. The two members who scheduled those Chicago events are no longer active members (I believe).
Dec 09 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I just wish one was close enough on a weekend I could make it!
Is there anywhere relatively close to you that would be a good place for an event? You could always help to organize something! smile
Dec 09 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said:

--the activities planned

--???

Hi Lina hug wave

I would attend if there were a fairly close, evenly split number of men and women ...

I would attend if there were a Mass planned ...

I would attend if there were some interesting things to do while socializing with everyone ...

I would attend if it were not very far from home.

wreath snowman heart snowman heart snowman wreath

Posts 1 - 10 of 25