Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

What am I doing wrong?

Dec 9th 2013 new
Why do I have trouble getting guys to talk to me? Is it because I'm not as traditional as others? I think I can adapt to make sure the other person doesn't break their beliefs. I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't go more on a secular site. Thing is I want to find somebody who really loves God and puts him first.

So, is the issue me or is it that I'm not approaching people the right way? I usually sent a PM to start off with and don't get a response.

Dec 9th 2013 new
(quote) Melanie-364556 said: Why do I have trouble getting guys to talk to me? Is it because I'm not as traditional as others? I think I can adapt to make sure the other person doesn't break their beliefs. I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't go more on a secular site. Thing is I want to find somebody who really loves God and puts him first.

So, is the issue me or is it that I'm not approaching people the right way? I usually sent a PM to start off with and don't get a response.

I'm hearing mixed messages here. You are saying that your being "not so traditional" has prevented you from getting responses from men whom you would like to attract on this site but that you would be happy to make a concession and become more traditional if it will afford you the opportunity to get a date with a guy of your choosing on CM?

If I'm hearing you correctly, this is sort of like turning away from mortal sin not because you love God too much to hurt Him but because you fear the fires of hell. An imperfect use of free will but nonetheless a good start. If I am hearing this incorrectly, please edify me.
Dec 9th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: I'm hearing mixed messages here. You are saying that your being "not so traditional" has prevented you from getting responses from men whom you would like to attract on this site but that you would be happy to make a concession and become more traditional if it will afford you the opportunity to get a date with a guy of your choosing on CM?

If I'm hearing you correctly, this is sort of like turning away from mortal sin not because you love God too much to hurt Him but because you fear the fires of hell. An imperfect use of free will but nonetheless a good start. If I am hearing this incorrectly, please edify me.
I don't consider it fear, more like compromise. I figure I might have to make a choice. Do I want a man who loves God more than life or do I want somebody who agrees with me on certain issues? Maybe I don't have to make that choice, but it's hard to find the person who may be more like me in that regard.
Dec 10th 2013 new
(quote) Melanie-364556 said: Why do I have trouble getting guys to talk to me? Is it because I'm not as traditional as others? I think I can adapt to make sure the other person doesn't break their beliefs. I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't go more on a secular site. Thing is I want to find somebody who really loves God and puts him first.

A lot of people can't respond because they are not paid subscribers.
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Melanie-364556 said: I don't consider it fear, more like compromise. I figure I might have to make a choice. Do I want a man who loves God more than life or do I want somebody who agrees with me on certain issues? Maybe I don't have to make that choice, but it's hard to find the person who may be more like me in that regard.
God is first Melanie and do not compromise your Catholic Faith. Your identity is in Christ.
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: God is first Melanie and do not compromise your Catholic Faith. Your identity is in Christ.
Resolve the conflict within yourself. Dating will then take it's proper context. I may be totally off Melanie but trust that I walked this path myself. May the Holy Spirit guide you on your journey Melanie.

Jan 26th 2014 new
Well, I kept what somebody else said about people not being paid subscribers in mind. I've started realizing I need to try to chat and not just send emails. That said, I find that a lot of people have their chat off, so maybe they're not subscribers.

I know the holy spirit is leading, but I'm getting impatient. I feel like like a freak because the truth is I haven't had serious relationships in life. I don't know why I didn't. I didn't think anybody truly liked me in high school, so I took changes on nobody. In college, I focused too much on getting the education along with my stupid internet addiction. I "met" people online and often got too much into them. I did different types of activism in college. I got attracted to people there, but never made a move for some reason. I don't know why I didn't. Seeing as how I wasn't a Catholic at that point or even a Christian, I guess it's just as well.

I converted to Catholicism in 2006. I finally came full circle with my beliefs and realizing I did belong to God and not my silly other ideas in life. By 28 years old, it hit me that I hadn't had serious relationships with men. I've tried to get close to guys, but they want too much too fast. I've especially found that's true on secular websites. So, I tried this. I don't know what to do at this point. I just feel like I'm Sheldon Cooper (with the difference being that he enjoys being without an SO. lol).
Posts 1 - 7 of 7